dear resolutioners (transformation tuesday)

bethanimal4
bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
This was originally posted on my personal Facebook page. There are some elements that don't apply here, but I'm reposting this on the boards here because so many people I shared it with found it inspirational.

Two years ago today, I packed everything I could fit into my car and ran away to Los Angeles. I had no job, very little plan and even less money. Honestly, it didn't make much sense, but it was something I felt compelled to do. I was drawn to invest in a dream (that I still haven't quite figured out) and I'm determined to make it my reality. I still don't have much money, but I’ve made some other big changes since then, and I’ve never really publicly acknowledged them.

I questioned myself, I struggled, I stuck it out, I found work, I tried new things, I met new people, I cried, I laughed, I explored my new home, I fell in love with a truly incredible guy. I also got healthy.

I learned about nutrition, ate (mostly) healthy foods and found ways to get active that didn’t feel like punishment. I lost 60 pounds over the past two years and went from a size 10 to a size 0. I didn't just lose weight and inches, though – I got fit. I can hike for miles on trails that used to get me winded within minutes. I can support the weight of my entire body on just my hands. My body is capable of doing so much more and I'm enjoying my life more because of it.
I’m sharing all of this because I want you to know that you absolutely have the strength, the willpower, the ability, the CHOICE to change your life. Whatever your goals may be, you have the power to reach them. But remember to make the choice for you. I’ve been on the receiving end of quite a bit more body shaming as a healthy person than I ever did when I was overweight.

There will always be someone to tell you that you can’t. That you’re doing it wrong. To eat a sandwich. To NOT eat a sandwich. That you’re too skinny, too muscular, too something. But your body is your own. It carries you through this life and takes you on wonderful, beautiful adventures. If you treat it well, it will return the favor.

I’ve been hesitant to share this and the before is probably the least flattering photograph EVER taken. But in the spirit of courageous leaps, new years resolutions and the first ‪#‎transformationtuesday‬ of 2015, here goes.

So yes, I’ve changed. The new me is stronger, healthier and happier than ever before. And in 2015, I’m not apologizing for it.

8kk9lublmnfb.jpg

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    you rock girlfriend!!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    awesome post.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Truly inspiring
    Congratulations and thank-you for sharing!
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Great transformation! What a gutsy gal...from following your dreams, to standing over that ledge on your pic :) NEVER, in a million years.... scares the hell outta me just looking at it, lol!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Wonderful!! And yes, it's all about fitness for me as well. While I was hoping to lose weight, fitness was the true goal. Weight loss was the result!! Woo hoo for you!!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Hugs to you! <3
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Go you!
  • MissBum
    MissBum Posts: 71 Member
    ALOT of great points! Thanks for sharing, you look incredible :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Nicely done.

acb.jpg

(Oh, wait. Premature?)
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    You look amazing and seem so happy. :)
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Truly inspiring! You've done an amazing job. It's sad that there are so many people in our lives that don't support us and instead make us feel like garbage for our accomplishments.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 686 Member
    Bump! Because this just goes to show, no fads, no gimmicks, real work with REAL results. Taking care of your body means it takes care of you! <3
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Amazing!!! You look great, and it's even better that you FEEL great. Thank you for sharing this!! It gives me a lot of motivation to try harder to fit in exercise. I'd love to be able to hike for miles and actually keep up with my boyfriend on the trails. :)
  • Wow way to live!!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Excellent job!!!
  • bethanimal4
    thank you all! it feels good to feel good! thanks for the support and happy i could provide motivation/inspiration to some of you :)
  • engmgamal
    engmgamal Posts: 2 Member
    incredible transformation I wish to be like you one day and spread my story :wink:
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    You look incredible! Your results are my goal.. Congratulations on your perseverance! May I ask how tall you are?
  • bethanimal4
    sure! i'm 5'4.5"ish
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    You look so fit and healthy! Well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!