Soda! Help!

Options
124»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    Too many people relying on feelings & anecdotal evidence here!

Look at the science! Diet soda is FINE.

http://examine.com/topics/Diet+Soda/

You are probably right. Given the gazillions of gallons of soda with aspartame that have been guzzled in the last 25 years, one would think that if it were horrible for you, the rate of some disease, illness, organ failure, etc., would have increased significantly.

It hasn't, has it?

No it hasn't, actually. Disease has gone down significantly. Raw numbers might show an increase, but we've also had a major population explosion over the last 50 years.
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    coke zero and diet mountain dew taste awesome!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    TysonCook wrote: »
    No caffeine. No soda. People can justify ways of keeping them in many ways, but the fact is you'll be better without them.

my suggestion anyway. I know it's not a popular answer though, especially when it comes to caffeine.

Please profid proof (not just opinion) as to why they will be better off.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am not going to go crazy because of another "caffeine" question! I was on another thread earlier and MFP folks went nuts over a caffeine question...

Here we go: I stopped all soda with the exception of 1 diet soda a day.

I also use water enhancers like Crystal Light, Hydroxy Cut, and a lot more. The hydroxy Cut has 50 per serving and 0 calories. There are other water enhancers that do have caffeine in them and all you have to do is read the label.. Walmart Great Value water enhancer has caffeine in it per serving and I think it has 5 calories per servig
  • kdove228
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I went and got some seltzer water today and some of the crystal light energy!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kdove228 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I went and got some seltzer water today and some of the crystal light energy!

So you're replacing soda with carbonated water and the same flavoring ingredients that you'd essentially find in soda? This is why I always find these threads so silly. So, taking the carbonated water and mixing the stuff into it is ok, but drinking it already mixed isn't?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I am not going to go crazy because of another "caffeine" question! I was on another thread earlier and MFP folks went nuts over a caffeine question...

Here we go: I stopped all soda with the exception of 1 diet soda a day.

I also use water enhancers like Crystal Light, Hydroxy Cut, and a lot more. The hydroxy Cut has 50 per serving and 0 calories. There are other water enhancers that do have caffeine in them and all you have to do is read the label.. Walmart Great Value water enhancer has caffeine in it per serving and I think it has 5 calories per servig

And these have the same artificial sweetners diet soda has.