DETOX WATER

I have tons of recipes from everywhere, but what do you guys think of them?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    They don't do anything. But I'm all for tasty water. If it helps you get your water in, I see no harm.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,040 Member
    edited January 2015
    Often tasty, intersting to do to water and a total crock of hooey when it comes to "detox". A. you don't need to detox. You have a liver and kidneys. B. Even if you needed a detox, detox water wouldn't do a damned thing for you.

Unless you have a drinking problem, then any water is a must for trying to detox.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Buncha hooey.

"Detox" anything is a crock, unless you're talking about being in the hospital on chelation therapy, and then you're very very sick.

If you like water with flavor, drink away. But don't fool yourself that you're doing anything for your body that drinking plain water won't do.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

"“Detox” is a case of a legitimate medical term being turned into a marketing strategy – all designed to treat a nonexistent condition. In the setting of real medicine, detoxification means treatments for dangerous levels of drugs, alcohol, or poisons, like heavy metals. Detoxification treatments are medical procedures that are not casually selected from a menu of alternative health treatments, or pulled off the shelf in the pharmacy. Real detoxification is provided in hospitals when there are life-threatening circumstances."

Read the rest of the article. Long, but very very worth it.