10 Things you didn't know about me....

Options
13»

Replies

• embuhlee
    embuhlee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. I'm currently attending college for the second time - my first degree got me nowhere
    2. I have a huge buy-books-faster-than-I-read-them problem
    3. One of my favorite things on this planet is hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows
    4. I have no clue how to apply makeup, but I do nail art pretty decently I think (I hope)
    5. My favorite music genres are symphonic and power metal
    6. I recently acquired a spice rack for my kitchen - it's my pride and joy
    7. My main form is exercise is playing Dance Dance Revolution
    8. Every plant I've ever owned has died within a few days, except my shamrock which is over 3 years old now
    9. My apartment doesn't allow pets, so my cats are currently with my parents. I miss them so much.
    10. I love traveling - I've been to the majority of the east coast states, Chicago, San Francisco, Niagara Falls, Paris and London. I want to go more places.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1. I started college part-time when I was 36. I'm going to be 39 this year and still in college. (Hope to graduate in 2016)
    2. I was a stripper when I was 19 years old. Was in a bad car accident and bed ridden for a month, so no more stripping and that's when I began my battle of the bulge.
    3. I LOVE animals. I have 5 cats, a dog and 2 ferrets. I want a pig eventually.
    4. My mom died in 2013 3 weeks after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, and I'm still grieving.
    5. I've only "met" my father once though we keep in touch via email and snail mail.
    6. I hate talking on the phone and will avoid it at all costs, though I work as a Secretary and my main job is to answer phones.
    7. I reconnected with my first love after 17 years and we are currently engaged.
    8. I have no friends in my area. My closest friend lives 2 hours away. My best friend lives 2,500 miles away.
    9. I've been HIV positive for 16 years, not ashamed and if I wasn't so afraid of public speaking would go to schools and talk to the kids about it.
    10. I'm VERY shy until I get to know people and I'm more comfortable in the virtual world than in real life.
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1. I'm halfway through my qualification to become a chartered accountant.
    2. I played in a brass band until I was 19.
    3. I bought my first house in 2014.
    4. I've worn glasses since I was 10, and contact lenses since I was 13.
    5. I have never broken a bone in my body
    6. I started a blog in 2014 to try and keep my motivated on my fitness journey.
    7. I want to write my own novel some day.
    8. If I'm alone, I sing constantly. When I'm with people, I refuse to sing.
    9. I have never been on an airplane.
    10. I graduated uni with a 1st in my Business degree.
  • Sweetsluv
    Sweetsluv Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    1. I am married to my high school sweetheart who is the sexiest man alive!
    2. I don't feel beautiful enough for him
    3. I've got 3 awesome kids (18,14,10)
    4. My purpose in life is to raise them to be happy and self sufficient
    5. I should have gone to college
    6. I'm so jealous that my daughter is about to go.
    7. I feel like I can't be in my mid 30's already
    8. I love to sing and am pretty good at it
    9. I have very traditional ideas on the roles of men and women.
    10. I am optimistic to a fault and trust way too easily.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All very intresting
  • jessticlesx
    jessticlesx Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    1. I will be graduating this year with a BSc in Psychology and plan to do my masters in Forensic Mental Health
    2. My passion is dance, specifically ballet and contemporary. I have danced most of my life!
    3. I love animals!
    4. I have a vitamin B12 deficiency and iron deficiency anaemia
    5. I wear glasses
    6. My favourite TV show is The Walking Dead and I love horror
    7. I suffer from anxiety and am very introverted
    8. I have a long list of phobias that includes: spiders, knives, squirrels, heights and clowns
    9. I used to be a "child genius", and was in a child MENSA programme
    10. My favourite food is Mexican
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    1. I was an industrial designer for 30 years.
    2. I wrote 2 books on design that got published.
    3. I was a runner for 10 years, did Jazzercise for 5, switched to Zumba and now teach it.
    4. I'm certified to teach group fitness exercise on land and in the water.
    5. I love country music.
    6. I love living in NYC.
    7. I just started taking ballet classes.
    8. I'm a really good watercolor painter and jeweler.
    9. I have a vitamin D deficiency.
    10. I had 2 cataract operations last year and don't need to wear glasses anymore.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WOW these are GREAT!!
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. My name is Eva and not Yenna like all others guess bc of my nickname (I don't mind tho)
    2. I love games, especially Skyrim! Idc how old it is I play it every month a few times.
    3. Someday I really want to see the world and go to places as Norway, Great Brittain, Ireland, Greece, Italy, etc...
    4. We have two dogs, a dutch shepherd and a malinois.
    5. I never went to school bc of health issues.
    6. I am the only one in my family working on my health atm. Makes me feel strong!
    7. I do silly dances when I clean the house.
    8. I drink 2 glasses of water everyday I wake up.
    9. I get really really reaaaally grumpy if something wakes me in the night.
    10. I am scared of insects. It's so bad I go insane when I see one.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1. I'm from Puerto Rico
    2. I can play the Clarinet
    3. I've been engaged twice.
    4. I like the Detroit Pistons (you stand by your team through the good & bad)
    5. I love to read.
    6. I LOVE Spongebob.
    7. I don't like cakes or Twinkies.
    8. I rather spend all my calories on Coke
    9. I love my booty
    10. I don't like feet just my son's feet are so adorable.
  • conromeg
    conromeg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1. I'm going to UW Platteville for chemistry with an emphasis in criminalistics and a minor in psychology.
    2. I want to work in a crime lab.
    3. I love My Little Pony and Deadpool.
    4. I really just want to be a stay at home mom.
    5. I've never really had a celebrity crush.
    6. My favorite holiday is Halloween.
    7. I'm a Redskins fan.
    8. I play clarinet and piano.
    9. I enjoy Trivia Crack on Facebook.
    10. I'm a morning person, but you can't talk to me for the first hour that I'm awake.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    1. I was born in South Africa
    2. I have lived in 5 different countries
    3. I am a qualified chef and have cooked for celebrities and politicians
    4. I have 4 tattoo's with a 5th one planned
    5. I have chipped both the C5 and C6 vertebrae in my neck
    6. I dived on the great barrier reef
    7. I bite my nails when I am bored
    8. I have bicycle ridden 210km in a single day
    9. I had testicular cancer when I was 23
    10. I spent 2 years in the South African army
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    1. Didn't own a cell phone til I was 43 years old.
    2. Traveled the US on a motorcycle at age 17 on a whim.
    3. Use to fight for a living.
    4. Mentors for kids with a single parent household.
    5. Have been stabbed.
    6. Deaf in one ear.
    7. Dated a famous person for a spell.
    8. Grew up dirt poor.
    9. Takes me 20-30 minutes to actually physically walk every morning.
    10. Had a colostomy bag for 8 months and had a sucessful one-shot reversal.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1) My sister and I have the same birthday but are 5 years apart.
    2) I dedicate a lot of my time to volunteering and advocating for maternal/child health, primarily in underdeveloped countries.
    3) I'm going to grad school at George Washington University.
    4) I am a feminist.
    5) I LOVE huskies and my ragdoll kitty.
    6) I was diagnosed with Melanoma when I was a sophomore in high school. I have three God-awful scars on my back from surgeries.
    7) I am a huge advocate for pancreatic cancer research. I've donated close to $2,000 so far to the Hirshberg Foundation- all in memory of my Papa <3
    8) I was a competitive gymnast for over 10 years. Unfortunately, I fractured both of my patellas right before we were going to begin training for the junior Olympics. I wasn't able to compete :(
    9) I would love to adopt a child with Down Syndrome.
    10) I have Crohn's disease.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    blueyegrl wrote: »
    1. I started college part-time when I was 36. I'm going to be 39 this year and still in college. (Hope to graduate in 2016)
    2. I was a stripper when I was 19 years old. Was in a bad car accident and bed ridden for a month, so no more stripping and that's when I began my battle of the bulge.
    3. I LOVE animals. I have 5 cats, a dog and 2 ferrets. I want a pig eventually.
    4. My mom died in 2013 3 weeks after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, and I'm still grieving.
    5. I've only "met" my father once though we keep in touch via email and snail mail.
    6. I hate talking on the phone and will avoid it at all costs, though I work as a Secretary and my main job is to answer phones.
    7. I reconnected with my first love after 17 years and we are currently engaged.
    8. I have no friends in my area. My closest friend lives 2 hours away. My best friend lives 2,500 miles away.
    9. I've been HIV positive for 16 years, not ashamed and if I wasn't so afraid of public speaking would go to schools and talk to the kids about it.
    10. I'm VERY shy until I get to know people and I'm more comfortable in the virtual world than in real life.

I admire you for sharing that.

The only way to get over your fear is to face it! Sharing your story would have a huge impact on school-age children. Think of all the lives you could potentially save from HIV/AIDS!

I've also heard picturing everyone in the audience in their underwear helps too :p
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1. I'm a metalhead
    2. I'm actually kind of shy in real life.
    3. I have 4 cats.
    4. I lost my only sister to a drug overdose in 2009.
    5. I quit smoking 5 years ago.
    6. I play a little guitar and I'm learning how to play the drums.
    7. The most important thing to me is being an awesome friend.
    8. I'm a huge nerd and have very dude-like interests and hobbies.
    9. I have a very high tolerance for people's BS but when I go off, I go OFF.
    10. I'm overly nice and often let people take advantage of that.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    1. I saw the Grateful Dead at least 150 times, but I don't consider myself a Deadhead
    2. I have perfect pitch
    3. I haven't been in a fight since the 4th grade
    4. I play the following instruments: guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, trumpet, trombone, tuba, french horn
    5. I still haven't learned to play the piano
    6. I'm somewhat of a neat freak; I have a hard time going to sleep at night if the house is a mess
    7. I hate roller coasters and most amusement park rides - I get motion sickness very easily
    8. I would rather drive for 12 hours straight than be a passenger for 1 hour
    9. My favorite number is 8
    10. I have a large "dent"'in the back of my head that I've had since childhood
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1. I'm working on my PhD
    2. I'm from a small town - only 2000 people. I love the excitement of a big city too, but I will always hold on to those small town values
    3. Now I live in a beach town. It's the kind of town I always dreamed I'd move to. I love the outdoors, and I feel so fortunate to live in such a beautiful location
    5. I was raised by just my dad, so I'm a total tomboy. I also have really tough skin because of that.
    6. It was really hard to be a female and grow up without my mom. I've always been so jealous of close mother/daughter relationships. My dad isn't very affectionate, so I really lacked that.
    6. I love to golf (even though I'm really bad at it)
    7. I love watching sports, especially going to games
    8. I will have fun in any situation. Even by myself, even in the worst conditions, I'll find a way to have a blast.
    9. I grew up very working-class and am doing well working myself up the ladder at a pretty young age. I'm really proud of that.
    10. I love nerdy TV and pop culture in general. It balances me.
  • Alimar14
    Options
    I'm a retired teacher.
    I'm in the process of adopting a 12 year old blind cat with a heart murmur a thyroid problem and high blood pressure!
    I like to watch period dramas - Pride and Prejudice, Downton Abbey etc.
    I love to read but watch too much television!
    Africa is my favourite continent.
    I love elephants.
    I hate zoos.
    I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights but I can happily fly in a plane. (Phobias don't make sense!)
    I enjoy gardening and love flowers.
    I have visited 22 countries.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I graduated with a BA of English with a concentration in Creative Writing and surprise, surprise, couldn't find a job in my field.

I'm currently a teacher and while I love my job, I know that it's not my true calling in life.

I'm hoping to get my Masters of Social Work in the near future.

There will always be a small part of me that wants to ditch traditional education, go to cosmetology school and work at a kick *kitten* salon.

I have been engaged twice. Neither were good ideas.

I'm obsessed with my dog and my-dog related things!

I have one sister who I adore but cannot stand, all at the same time.

I love to cook and have had a pretty hard time cutting back on my butter usage.

Pearls are my favorite jewelry and I think every woman should have at least one pearl necklace to wear with a LBD.

I love the Canadian show "Degrassi," which is centered around a group of high school students. I started watching the show when I was very young and feel an allegiance to it...so when I watch it now, I try my best to stay interested in the teen-friendly script (which is a lot harder the older I get).