The Struggles

2»

Replies

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2015
    Let me guess - You set your weight loss to 2 lbs per week and MFP is telling you to eat 1200 calories and you're starving. Forget that! I've been there. Instead, figure out your TDEE using one of the online calculators (you can search for them here). Then eat 10-20 % below that number. If you give up today, where will you be a year from now? Suck it up and push through. Find what works for you. Set some mini goals so that if you don't get to 50 pounds loss right away you still have some victories to count. You can do it. :)

Seriously though, ^this.

When I first joined I did the same thing. Put in what I thought my 'goals' were and MFP set me to 1200 cals. And that's what I ate. But really, it was miserable and not a sustainable lifestyle, so after that summer I stopped tracking. And yes, I gained all the weight back. (Honestly I didn't really have weight to lose, and should have been lifting instead. Which are my goals now.)

When I came back to MFP I was spending more time on the boards, and people kept talking about their TDEE. Save yourself the struggle and go look that up now. Figure out what your goals are and the best ways to get there. And (I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna be that person) go read this post. There's a lot of good information in it.

It might still seem a little overwhelming. I know I'm still trying to get it right. But not going in blind makes it so much easier!

• AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh crap I quoted myself and can't erase it. Haha.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    pretty much everything that's stated above. You need to set small, attainable goals and then celebrate meeting them. Also, you need to get some friends on here who can support you in your journey and motivate you to do well. Feel free to add me - I'm extremely active on MFP!
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    adreal wrote: »
    Keep moving forward. Each day is new. I tell you those first few days really are tough but everyday pushes you to do a little more each day. I find that I miss working out when for whatever reason I cant work out or on rest days. you can do this. Add me as a friend if you would like.

Okay Thank You ! :)
  • alyssamontezino
    AHainzl wrote: »
    Oh crap I quoted myself and can't erase it. Haha.

Haha Awwh , Well Thanks For Your Support Really Appreciate It !
  • alyssamontezino
    pretty much everything that's stated above. You need to set small, attainable goals and then celebrate meeting them. Also, you need to get some friends on here who can support you in your journey and motivate you to do well. Feel free to add me - I'm extremely active on MFP!

Already Did Thanks For Your Support ! :)
  • lesliemc87
    lesliemc87 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm on my 2 day too and I know how you feel!!! A lot of this advise it great and I'm taking it all in too!!! Feel free to add me and we can support eachother!!!
  • alyssamontezino
    lesliemc87 wrote: »
    I'm on my 2 day too and I know how you feel!!! A lot of this advise it great and I'm taking it all in too!!! Feel free to add me and we can support eachother!!!

Will do ! It's Actually My 3rd Day , And It Wasn't that Bad It Gets Harder But In A Way Exciting To Know Your Actually Staying There And Not Giving Up ! :)
  • tmlq
    tmlq Posts: 10 Member
    Would love some of you to add me as a friend, feeling the exact same way. Have 80lbs to lose, feel like I need help!