Worried about losing boobs

Options
I'm 5'6 and 148lbs. I'm looking to lose about 25lbs but i'm worried about losing my boobs. Does this happen pretty drastically or what?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It happens to some women, not all. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it. Your body will lose weight from where it wants, when it wants.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh and I didn't lose a lot in my boobs. I didn't even notice until my hubby pointed it out. Doh!!
    I still wear the same bra size
  • TigerAlum09
    TigerAlum09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on your body. I'm down about 50 pounds from my highest weight and I'm down a cup size at least, probably 2 if I were honest with myself :) But that's how my body works, I lose and gain weight fastest from my arms and chest, while my stomach, butt, and legs look the same that they did 50 lbs ago.
  • avocados9
    avocados9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My legs and bum are always the flabbiest parts. I lost 15 pounds before and only one person noticed my face seemed thinner :(
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yes, people may first notice changes in your face.

And as a certified guy, I say a person that looks healthy is more attractive regardless of other physical attributes.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It depends on how fat you are and how much of your boob is boob fat vs how much is just fat from being fat.

I've gone down a bunch of inches around, but the cups (though they get smaller as the band size does) have only officially gone down one size. At 250+ pounds! I was a DD. Around 215, I went into a D. At 170, still a D. Praying to end in a C, though!!

And I'm not even going to get into the unpleasantness of deflated boobies...but geez, it is unpleasant.
  • avocados9
    avocados9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    True. I'd rather have a nice lean body than have boobs I guess... I say that now.. Does anybody notice any change in their pants size? I feel like no matter how much i lose, i don't lose inches in that area.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It depends on how fat you are and how much of your boob is boob fat vs how much is just fat from being fat.

I've gone down a bunch of inches around, but the cups (though they get smaller as the band size does) have only officially gone down one size. At 250+ pounds! I was a DD. Around 215, I went into a D. At 170, still a D. Praying to end in a C, though!!

And I'm not even going to get into the unpleasantness of deflated boobies...but geez, it is unpleasant.

My experience has been the same as this. Over 250 I was DD, and am now about a D at 217. My bandsize has changed as well, of course, but the difference of inches between band measurement and cup/bust and stayed pretty much the same.

On the other hand, my bust measurement in isolation has certainly gone down many inches since I started, so my boobs are definitely smaller, less full and more delfated than they were. I expect that trend to continue, I'm just hoping to maintain a 4-5 inch difference between my band and bust size.
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I agree.

I am 5'3", lost 25 lbs from 145 to 120 lbs. Went from C cup to A or B cup. About the same cup size 20 years ago when I was in college at this weight. So, I was only a C cup because of the extra fat. With my height, I looked pretty round at 145 lbs. Now that I lost that 25 lbs, I can wear tighter clothes with more confident and my body looks more defined. Smaller cup size doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as I thought it would be.

I definitely need new pants! I carried most of my weight on my waistline and I lost 4~5 inches there.
  • rozalisa46
    Options
    When I was 240lbs plus I was DD but now I lost 50lbs I'm sticking around a C cup not bad but I would not like to be a A cup when I'm at my goal weight lol. I'll pray on that ;)
  • quickcrx702
    quickcrx702 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    Yes, people may first notice changes in your face.

And as a certified guy, I say a person that looks healthy is more attractive regardless of other physical attributes.
    +1

As a guy, I think you shouldn't worry about it. It's like a skinny guy with abs worrying about losing them as he puts on muscle mass. It's probably not a big deal.
    avocados9 wrote: »
    My legs and bum are always the flabbiest parts. I lost 15 pounds before and only one person noticed my face seemed thinner :(
    Also not too big of a deal for guys, in fact many guys prefer some extra weight there. I think women find "thigh gap" more attractive than men, and lots of guys that like skinny ladies don't like them quite that thin, so no need for :(

I say just get to whatever your goal is, and don't sweat the small stuff. Good luck!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I started wearing a 38H at 254 pounds - I'm 5'8" and 36 years of age - and am down to 153 lbs and a 30E. They *are* much smaller but very proportionally so, and in a bra look fine still (but outside of a bra they look pretty sad, I won't even lie!! Good thing my husband doesn't care LOL - he says breasts are breasts and even mine are still exciting, ha!)
  • I can't say how much this works but I've heard working out your pectoral muscles can help you not to loose weight in the boobs.
  • kijum
    kijum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't say how much this works but I've heard working out your pectoral muscles can help you not to loose weight in the boobs.

Idk how true this is... I lost about 40 pounds when I was 18. I didn't notice a huge difference in cup size 'til I started marathoning pushups trying to get rid of my arm flab, which didn't work anyway Lol. (I guess loose skin is always going to be loose skin.) I've always kind of blamed the pushups for my a cups. :b i'm no expert, though. I'm just noting cause and effect in myself. And everyone's different.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I can't say how much this works but I've heard working out your pectoral muscles can help you not to loose weight in the boobs.
    Untrue. Exercise works out the skeletal muscle underneath the breasts. Breast tissue isn't structurally affected by direct pectoral exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38lbs and so far haven't lost mine yet.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Mine are much smaller, but I couldn't care less. I lost 70 lbs and I now have a neat torso, much smaller waist, some muscle definition, particularly on my arms and shoulders, nicer butt and lean figure. I would look ridiculous with bigger boobs. I just wear a different style of top than I used to.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100lbs now, and have lost very little volume in my breasts; my mom however has lost about 30lbs, and has lost volume in her breasts. No-one can tell you what's going to happen. You have to think about both things, what will be better for you, and what is more important to you. I would tell you that it is worth the risk - though you are within a healthy weight range 25lbs less wouldn't push you underneath that, so it's a realistic goal.

Just try your luck, if you don't start losing volume - great, if you do then you could always try to find a happy medium & perk those bad boys up with pectoral muscle building.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    nothing to worry about if your program includes bench press / pushups / bodyweight rows / etc

cause those things combined with fat loss is like... magic.