Here I go again...losing weight whilst having Fibromyalgis....any tips?

gorgeous2015
gorgeous2015 Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I've just started on here...bit of my back story...had weight problem all my life...lost five stones five years ago with change in eating and exercise. Had a difficult last two years with parental illness, and lost my Dad. Have regained three stones. This stops this week, and already three pounds down. Would be great to meet people on here for support and encouragement. I have Fibromyalgia, which excludes long periods of high impact exercise as it causes flare ups (severe muscle pain and stiffness) I'm not a runner, but I do enjoy going to the gym...cycling and swimming on good days, yoga and pilates on more difficult days. Sometimes I'm not fit to do anything. Any tips, especially from someone with a similar condition, would be appreciated. I have up to five stones to lose. Thank you.

Replies

• Sparkie_66
    Sparkie_66 Posts: 6 Member
    I haven't been officially diagnosed with fibro, but have many of the symptoms. The past two days have been especially bad, as I'm absolutely exhausted and ache so badly. I wouldn't doubt that part of my problem stems from stress and depression, as over the past 3 years I've had some major life changes. I went through a divorce, moved twice...then last year my boyfriend was diagnosed with cancer and passed a few months later in July '14. My emotions have been all over the place and the weight has piled back on. Feel free to add me if you'd like.