5:2 Diet

Options
Morning

This past week in the daily mail it keeps going on about The Fast Diet , well i have read this a few times and well.... i don't understand it might just be me but i thought you should not starve your bodie ?? Any insight in to this would be fab

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    For the most part, it's an easy way of creating a deficit without logging calories. If you generally gain a few lbs of year, switching to a 5:2 diet can be an effective way of losing weight slowly. The premise if you create a deficit on 2 days, while the other 5 days you eat normal. So it's not really starving yourself as your average intake over a week is still fairly moderate. The issue is when people implement it wrong... for example, eating 500 calories on the fasting days, and then creating a deficit also on non fasting days.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Properly followed fasting in not in any way starving oneself.
    That whole thing about eating 6 meals a day to keep your metabolism stoked is BS.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Properly followed fasting in not in any way starving oneself.
    That whole thing about eating 6 meals a day to keep your metabolism stoked is BS.

Indeed it is according to some scientists, The body suffers no metabolic effect until at least 48hrs of starving oneself. So 24hrs,12hrs or whatever of fasting wont hurt.
  • SkinnyMe1342
    SkinnyMe1342 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 5:2 diet. I just started today. I eating the assigned calories by MyFitnessPal on non-fast days. I am posting everything I eat and my progress at http://instagram.com/myfoodjournal1243/.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do alternate day fasting. Fast every second day.
    It's the only thing that has worked for me to lose weight.
    10kgs ( 22lbs ) in 2mths. Just Dropped another kilo this morning :D