Scale-vs- inches that is the ?

Options
I've been doing MFP for 58 days and have lost 8.6 pounds. My over all goal is to lose another 35. On top of doing my MFP I have been working out at least 4 to 5 days a week. My workouts I do change up. I do a hour of zumba on Monday's and Wednesday's sometime Saturdays, 30 minute circuit set up at home on Tuesday and/or Thursday, and jogging/walking 3+ miles on Saturday and/or Sunday if it isn't to cold out. I have lost 2.5 inches over all in them 58 days.

My issue is this, I have a weigh in tomorrow and the scale hasn't budged ( I cheated and weighed in early). I get very discouraged not seeing that number go down. I am worried that I am not doing the program right. I count EVERYTHING I eat and have cut out soda from my life. I am a former Weight Watchers member and Counting Calories is something we don't do!!!My question is this do I focus on the scale or do I look at the inches lost? How do you get to the goal weight you've set if that scale doesn't move, and how do you not let the scale define your success? (Ok so that is more than one question.)I know there needs to be a balance but how do you learn to do that when in the past everything you were taught is to worry about that number in red under your feet? Any feed back is much needed at this point. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Unless you wear you scale on your back so all can see I would go with the tape measure. You are doing it right :) Good job!!
  • GlenG1969
    GlenG1969 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Unless you wear you scale on your back so all can see I would go with the tape measure. You are doing it right :) Good job!!

I agree forget the scales mine lie too. Just keep on doing what you are doing, its the lifestyle change thats important not some number on a scale.
    Weight Watches will not get you fit. I know many, many people who walk around at the supposed ideal weight and look good. But i guarantee you they would not be able to last half way through some of my gym sessions.
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I will try not to let the scale get me down unless it is number :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I will try not to let the scale get me down unless it is number :D

exactly, keep on doing what you're doing, you will see fabulous results :smile: )
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    When I started my journey, the inches came off much faster than the pounds, so I focused more on those. Now that the pounds are coming off faster than inches, I focus on the weight.

Between the holidays and cold temps, it's easy for the weight loss to stall. I stalled and/or bloated for over 3 1/2 weeks, and then finally lost a few pounds over the past two days.

I like to weigh in daily so that I can see the fluctuations. For instance, I had a 4 pound bloat one week and was able to lose the weight by the end of the week. While the scale remained unchanged when comparing the start and end of the week, knowing that I had actually gained and lost four pounds during that time made me feel like I had still accomplished something during the week.

Feel free to add me as a friend; I'm looking to lose around 36 pounds.
  • kufahlaatc123
    Options
    When I started my journey, the inches came off much faster than the pounds, so I focused more on those. Now that the pounds are coming off faster than inches, I focus on the weight.

good to know thank you
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't budged much either so I decided to measure instead. Turns out since June, I have lost 5.2" off my waist, 5" off my hips, and 2" off my thighs. I still weigh but when I get down about the scale not seeming to budge, the tape measure certainly keeps me motivated more. I myself have been thinking about laying off the scale some and going by measurements more.
  • kufahlaatc123
    Options
    Congratulations lcandoityayme that is awesome. Why is it that we are so stressed about the scale? Progress is progress right? Keep up the GREAT work.