Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

INSOMNIA?! am i the only one? HELPPP

I started working out and completely changed my diet for almost 2 weeks now. Eversince i have been having alot of difficulty sleeping. Mostly falling asleep but when i do fall asleep, any little noise wake me up and i cannot fall back asleep. It is sooo frustrating. I make sure to stay off caffeine and do not work out close to bedtime. So i have no idea what can be causing this??

Am i the only one this happenned to? Any tips?

Replies

• yngtor
    yngtor Posts: 1 Member
    No you aren't the only one. My next step is to take malatonin (OTC med) before I go to sleep. It should help me remain asleep and may help you as well. Good luck.

If you come up with a good way to avoid foraging for carbohydrates when underslept, please pass that along. :)
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    I found that when I worked out in the evening it was more difficult for me to fall asleep. Not sure if that is affecting your sleep as well.
  • alexkeithwatson
    alexkeithwatson Posts: 15 Member
    Yeah I go to sleep and randomly wake up in the middle of the night for no reason not even noise related... I wouldn't recommend sleeping pills as you will get reliant on them. Try not to look at computer screens an hour before bed.
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    i should try the computer screen thing, its basicaly the only thing i didint try yet.
  • Whenever you make drastic changes to your diet or lifestyle, you are bound to experience side affects as your body adjusts. The best advice is to make small changes over time to help your body cope.

However, at this point, your best bet is likely just to stay on course and allow your body to catch up with you.

You can always try some simple tricks, like a glass of warm milk or bath before bed, no tv or electronics, read a book, try working out again closer to bedtime, make a list of things on your mind, etc.
  • I have it bad. Except I can fall asleep with no problem. My issue is I wake up at like 2:30 AM and never go back to sleep. It's the start of a (sh*tty feeling) day.
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    I cant sleep more than 4 hours..
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    I've had an issue with insomnia for about 8 years now--I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep, averaging about 4 during the week and maybe 6 on weekends. I've been prescribed aids and tried OTC but those didn't help so I stopped taking them. I didn't want to be dependent on them to be able to sleep.

As mentioned above, the warm bath and nixing screens of any type help greatly. :)