Advice Needed

Options
Im looking to gain some serious weight, but need some pointers to do so, does anybody have any?
Also looking for some daily support to keep me motivated to go over my daily calories and train properly.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread but here you go ...
    1. figure our your maintenance level calories.
    2. consume 250 to 500 calories a day over your maintenance calories. < this will equal .5 to 1 pund per week gain. You will probably have to play around with the numbers and readjust as you gain …(gaining weight is not as easy as you think)
    3. carbs are your friend….you should be getting at least 35 to 40% of your calories from carbs…my split right now is 35 carbs/35 protein/30 fats, but I am usually over on carbs and closer to 40%.
    4. find a lifting program that has progressive overload built into it and incorporates compound movements…
    5. understand that you WILL GAIN FAT there is no way around this as your body is not efficient enough to convert 100% of excess calories into muscle. This is the psychological part of bulking (i am going through it right now) you will feel bloated, puffy, and will notice some definition go away as you put on weight…ignore it and plow through it.
    6. repeat until you hit desired weight goal and then do a cut t show off your new muscles.
  • Brassey96
    Options
    Thank you mate. I appreciate the advice @ndj1979‌