Back at it again...2015

Options
Hello MFP's, I'm Jay
Not completely new to MFP, I was actually doing pretty well for a little over a year straight and had a Mountain Biking accident which took me out of the gym for quite a bit while doing PT to fix a broken and separated Clavicle/Shoulder.
After a few months of PT I started to slack, made excuses- cancelled my gym membership. With having twin 2 yr old girls that also made it easier to say "I don't have time". Which was a bunch of crap.. Like every other excuse I made.
I was told one day while picking up my little ones from Daycare; WOW you always have such great/healthy lunches and snacks packed for the girls. You set such a good example.. Yet my lunch that day consisted of me eating at Mc Donald's not too long ago..

Kinda opened my eyes to what I was doing.. If I had the time to make sure they were eating right all day, why wasn't I doing that myself like I used to.. LAZINESS!
Logging daily was a real help and preparing my food the day before was what kept me consistent.

So, I've started to get back on track, getting my eating habits in place. Hope to hear from anyone also making a comeback or new friends in general. Lets stay motivated!!
Feel free to send those friend request!

Replies

• mr3thirty5
    mr3thirty5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident. In on the same boat as you. Torn muscles and fractures put me out of MMA for a while. It's so hard getting back into the routine with work, kids, and school. Let's stay motivated though!
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mr3thirty5 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your accident. In on the same boat as you. Torn muscles and fractures put me out of MMA for a while. It's so hard getting back into the routine with work, kids, and school. Let's stay motivated though!

Thanks man. Definitely. I've been into MMA on and off now for about 12 years, after moving I've been getting more into outdoor sports, figures thats when I get hurt LOL