What do you think about the "If you're . . . and you know it" Weight Watchers adds?

Options
CoolDad67
CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
Just want to know what my fellow MFP'ers think about the Weight Watchers tv ads using the "If You're Happy and You Know It" song. You know, the one where they seem to be implying that it's OK to use food as a way to help with any emotional situation.

Let's hear your thoughts on the subject.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Have not seen it yet, I pretty much only watch TV that is on my DVR so no commercials for me.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen this when I went to the movies a couple of times. At first I thought wtf and then laughed. At least I know I'm not the only one who is guilty of doing it.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay mind to commercials, but that seems like a low blow.
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just googled it to have a look. Here's the youtube link for those who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNPLuSx_06U

It's pretty silly IMO and doesn't really seem to sell their service/producs.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I guess it's chronicling how in our society we eat for any and every emotion and that's why we need Weight Watchers, lol!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just...wow. :lol:
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I found it humorous but yeah, I don't make the connection from WW program to ending emotional eating.
  • ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers is renewing its focus on the fact that people eat for reasons other than hunger, and their program is supposed to help you deal with that.

I like this commercial better than the "butt" one.