Jullian Michaels Detox Water

2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    adreal wrote: »
    @mkegal You are absolutley right. I am not looking for a magic cure to weight loss. Just some times before my monthly it might be nice to get some of that bloated feeling to be gone. I know it isn't a "get rich quick" scheme just didnt know if this was something that others had tried or if it was going to work. I am all about eating and working out. Those are the proven ways to lose weight and to keep it off.

Jillian's detox water and some of the others like it will act as a mild diuretic, which makes your body release the water weight and causes you to pee a lot. But then, so does the midol that I take the first couple of days of my TOM.

If what you're looking for is something to release that kind of water weight bloating, then this might work for you. But so could a lot of other things, so feel free to look around and find whatever you like best. Just don't expect any kind of "detoxing" of chemicals, permanent weight loss, or anything like that (it sounds like you already know that, but I just want to reiterate it).

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The worst thing about drinking Jillian's water is indirectly supporting a bogus claim and helping a celebrity get rich off it.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Julian Michaels has enough money now. She is officially not a charity any longer. Poor her
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Buy 1 box of coconut water ( 12 in box - Kirkland "Costco" Brand) $9.00+. Mix with ordinary water, very good for water retention. OR try the cranberry mixture above or try this:

2 ounces 100% Cranberry Juice - buy from Trader Joe's - $3.99 per bottle; mix with
    7 ounces of water

Also good for water retention
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    adreal wrote: »
    I was just looking for something different. I am not one to try any fads. I like to eat too much, that is why I am here. I don't like to replace anything for eating real foods. @jfp420 That is exatly what I am looking at. Just thinking about trying something different to drink and didn't know if it would actually do anything.

@dbmata I am pretty sure I have never eaten dandelion greens.

If you've ever bought "spring" or "herb" mix salad - then you have definitely eaten dandelion greens.

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    dandelion root or leaves in the herbal world is good to stimulate your kidneys in other word make you pee and it is also good for the colon. I do love fiddle head ferns cooked in a bit of butter. My grand parents swore by eating greens in the spring and both on grandmothers lived into their 90's. later in the year they are too bitter.
  • It is a simple recipe with water and other harmless ingredients. Can't see how it would hurt to try. At best, it helps you some lose water weight. At worst, you have boosted your hydration.