Greek Yoghurt Dips?

Options
bunnywestley81
bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
Hi All,

I got some 0% fat greek yoghurts cheap yesterday, tried one today and didn't really enjoy it as a snack but thought they might serve me well if turned into a dip.

I do eat a lot of raw veggies with dips but some can be quite hefty on the calories bar salsa. I had hummous today and 45g of that was almost the same cals as the 170g pot of yoghurt!! So there is method in my madness...

Sooooo... Anyone have any recipes they can share? :smiley:

Replies

• chicad83
    Options
    I make a dill dip with equal parts greek yogurt and light mayo. You don't have to use mayo, but I like the flavor. If you don't add the mayo make sure to adjust the increase the yogurt.

8oz yogurt
    8oz lt. mayo
    2 tbls minced onion, dehydrated
    1 tbls Beau Monde seasoning blend
    1 tbls dill weed

Mix everything together and it's best if it sits for several hours or overnight.

Enjoy! :smiley:
  • krystalvenom
    Options
    Just add a pack of ranch seasonings to a 16 oz container of plain Greek Yogurt and you have amazing ranch dressing at 17 calories per 2 tbsp
  • bunnywestley81
    Options
    Those both sound awesome! Thank you so much! And shopping day tomorrow so can get the bits i dont have B) xx
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    My favorite greek yogurt dip is one 150g container of plain yogurt (I prefer 2% or 4% for dips, better texture, but whatever your preference), a dollop or two of sour cream and/or mayo (like maybe 2 tablespoons total...I tend to weigh it as I'm making it and just adjust my recipe in MFP), 2 ounces of crumbled feta, a generous sprinkle of dill (fresh or dried, doesn't matter), and then a tiny sprinkle of garlic powder and salt to taste.
  • shelbs27
    Options
    You can try Opadipity Greek Yogurt dip. 2tlbs = 50-70 calories depending on flavor. It's available at Walmart they have different flavors including Ranch, Cucumber Dill, Chipotle Ranch, and Spinach Parmesan.
  • pattythoward
    pattythoward Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The hidden valley ranch seasoning and the dill flavor are really good! Just as good as chip dip but so much better for ya.
  • DELTEE
    DELTEE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz Skinny dip
    Ingredients
    1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
    1 tsp walnuts
    1 tsp Garlic minced
    Black pepper
    1 tsp hot sauce
    1/2 oz blue potato chips (8 chips)

Mix first five ingredients together and dip with the blue chips, enjoy!

• rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just add Lipton onion dip seasoning to my yogurt. I just sprinkle enough in to give it flavor. It typically adds 10 calories to the yogurt. I eat this with a 1/4 cup of yogurt and lots of veggies in the afternoons. So easy and yummy.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Plain nonfat yogurt can be more sour than the pre-sweetened yogurts we are used to. Some other ways to make the yogurt more palatable:
    • If I have it by itself, sometimes I add sweetener, either sugar, jam, or no-calorie sweetener. The sugar or jam does not add many calories.
    • Anything that calls for sour cream I substitute nonfat greet yogurt.
    • In a shake, I add water to get the preferred consistency then add one or more of fruit, vanilla, bakers cocoa, or dried peanut butter
    • I have become accustomed to the more sour taste after several months. Now the flavored yogurts taste too sweet.

For a dip I like those ideas of adding ranch or onion soup mix. For a dressing I would stir in a little water to make it pour-able.
  • bunnywestley81
    Options
    The taste and consistency reminded me more of soft cheese, and i generally wouldn't eat a whole pot of that by itself! :|

These are all very tasty sounding suggestions, i will have to see if i can find uk equivalents of some ingredients when shopping later! <3 xx