Fitness tracker??

Options
Recently re-motivated and looking for people who currently use a fitness tracker to give me their take on it. I have a HRM but would like to find something that will give me a bigger picture. Thanks!

Replies

• kj55
    kj55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in this. I would like something that counts calories, tracks sleep and is water proof but does not have a chest strap.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pivotal Living (dot)com is a great resource. They are USA made, and a tracker that is on par w/fitbit is only....... $12 !!!!!!!!! Seriously. They are not in the business to steal your money, they offer you a solid product for a good price, that includes the tracking app. It doesn't do HR but it does the rest. Also has alarms you can set, and if you have been sedintary for too long it will vibrate to remind you to move.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've got the Fitbit Charge. It tracks sleep, calories burned, steps, somewhat water proof, active minutes. Fitbit just released trackers that have a heart rate monitor. Not sure how accurate it is though. Might be worth checking out. Their website has their products listed and compare tracker features.

I've seen some users on here mention good things about UP and misfit shine.
  • TinaLauritsen
    TinaLauritsen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the Withings Pulse. As far as I could read it is the most accurate on the market, and it tracks starts, sleep, calories and elevation. However, it is not waterproof, which can be irritating at times, but Withings is launching their Pop quite soon, and that one should have 8 months battery life, and be waterproof.
    http://www.withings.com/eu/withings-activite-pop.html
  • X_DANNIELLEA_x
    X_DANNIELLEA_x Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got my self a Fitbit flex & it's linked up to MFP, only had it about a week & love it, it's letting me see the steps I take active minutes, sleep tracking, water tracker... I'm not sure it's 100% accurate on showing calories burned but it's a fantastic little tool so far!
  • humpbax
    humpbax Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Shine. It tracks sleep, activity and is waterproof. You can wear it on your wrist, shoe, clothing or a pretty necklace. It can come off easily when it gets caught in your sleeve though. No charging as it runs on a battery and is easy to change. I linked it before to MFP but wasn't sure about it's calorie burned count (as with others I've noticed)it uses all the calories throughout the day not just the exercises...
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I previously used a FitBit One, but it now appears to have died after about 8 months of use. It seemed mostly accurate, but definitely wasn't always accurate - would count steps if I drove down a bumpy road.
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OK the Withings Pop looks seriously awesome! From the website though, it seems as though it is saying it cannot ever be charged - once it runs out of the 8 month guaranteed battery you have to replace the tracker??? Can this be right?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    lillilanda wrote: »
    I previously used a FitBit One, but it now appears to have died after about 8 months of use. It seemed mostly accurate, but definitely wasn't always accurate - would count steps if I drove down a bumpy road.

If you will go to the fitbit website, you can get a free replacement...

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I wore a Nike Fuel Band for about three years, it died finally. I am trying a fitbit and a lumo right now. I don't use them for ultimate accuracy, just to get my steps in. I like the Lumo the best as it is a posture coach, and it lets me know hourly whether or not I am engaged in good posture. The lumo doesn't count every single movement as a step, so I am challenging my self to get true "steps" in vs just activity. I am using the fitbit for sleep mainly.
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had a fitbit flex for just over a year and love it, i can check through the day how many steps i have done which then makes me get up and walk a bit more. The charge HR was going to be my christmas pressie but wasn't out then so hoping to get one this week.
  • bdlingafel
    bdlingafel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Trukngrl wrote: »
    Pivotal Living (dot)com is a great resource. They are USA made, and a tracker that is on par w/fitbit is only....... $12 !!!!!!!!! Seriously. They are not in the business to steal your money, they offer you a solid product for a good price, that includes the tracking app. It doesn't do HR but it does the rest. Also has alarms you can set, and if you have been sedintary for too long it will vibrate to remind you to move.

Have you really had that much good luck with this? On Amazon, 60% of the reviews are only 1 star out of 5... Just wondering...
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit Flex. It keeps me motivated during the day when I am normally sendentary.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have a polar loop, I love it, it works great, tracks calories, sleep, steps, and activity levels. It also syncs with my HR Monitor for my workouts for a more accurate calorie tracker. The only drawback is that it does not currently syng with MFP.
  • vera_62
    vera_62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kahiapo wrote: »
    Recently re-motivated and looking for people who currently use a fitness tracker to give me their take on it. I have a HRM but would like to find something that will give me a bigger picture. Thanks!
    Kahiapo wrote: »

• s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivosmart. I upgraded after previously using the Body media band. This one goes on your wrist and tracks calories, sleep, steps etc. I have a heart rate monitor to use with it. It is a chest strap but you only use it when you're working out. The wrist band is also a watch, and mine is blue tooth capable and so I was able to sync it to my cell phone and it lets me know when I get a phone call or message. I really like that! Oh and it does sync with MFP so it automatically logs my workouts and calorie burns for me. Here is an amazon link for one, but I got mine at best buy http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Vivosmart-Black-Bundle-Large/dp/B00N7MFZWG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421097670&sr=8-3&keywords=garmin+vivo+smart
  • icemann78x
    icemann78x Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the MisFit Flash. It is at a great price point for $45 on Amazon. It has the same exact functionality of the MisFit Shine but is made of plastic instead of aluminum. I don't have it yet but it has received great reviews.
  • Dennise91
    Dennise91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking into getting a fitness tracker. I'm looking at the new fitbit surge. But I'd like to know what everyone else likes and which tracker is best. I'm looking for something the tracks steps, HR, workouts, and sleep
  • Tezzi_B
    Tezzi_B Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, any recommendations on bands which track circuit training or spinning? as well as everything else. Im really interested in getting an activity tracker as i think it will give me the kick up the *kitten* i need but I'm just torn between what to get.
  • Autumngirl1974
    Autumngirl1974 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bdlingafel wrote: »
    Trukngrl wrote: »

Have you really had that much good luck with this? On Amazon, 60% of the reviews are only 1 star out of 5... Just wondering...

The Pivotal Living Band is awesome. I guess those people giving it 1 out of 5 stars got bad units or just didn't understand the band in the first place. Mine was charged 8 days ago and it is still going, no problem with the hydration feature and the app works just fine for me :)