How to choose your goal weight?

Options
I am just wondering how everyone chooses their goal weight?

I have chosen mine as 70kg however as im 165cm My BMI would still be classed as overweight even when I hit my goal weight (Im obese atm, hehe)

I have chosen 70 kg as my goal as this is how much I was during my first year at Uni and during that time I felt happy and confident with how my body looked and so I guess thats a good weight for me, sod BMI, its a load of rubbish. hehe.

Replies

• Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    9i6pldj6a0fk.jpg

this was me at 70kg
  • dandt_sam
    Options
    I think that is a good weight for you. You look healthy.
    I totally understand the weight goal issue. I have chosen a goal weight higher than what the healthy weight says I should be. I have weighed less and more than that. I was healthier at the higher weight. You should do what feels right to you.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out mybodygallery.com and look at pictures of different people at different weight points based on height, body shape, etc. It was really helpful for me. After reviewing the site I adjusted mine by ten pounds.
  • st0negirldancing
    Options
    Agree that you look healthy.

And also, my goal is on the close-to-overweight weight for my BMI, but I know what has felt best for me.

You seem to also be medium-framed (I'm small framed) and I know that can shock BMI scales, too. (Those punks).

Agree to just go with what feels best.
  • st0negirldancing
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    You may want to check out mybodygallery.com and look at pictures of different people at different weight points based on height, body shape, etc. It was really helpful for me. After reviewing the site I adjusted mine by ten pounds.

Yes. This helped me, too.

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I chose my goal weight based on several factors. First, the NHS says that women have an increased risk of health problems with a waist more than 80cm (31.5 inches). My waist did not drop below 31.5 inches until I was at a BMI of 22.5. Second, I wanted to be below a BMI of 22.0 based on several studies regarding disease, illness, and morbidity (death) and BMI.

My end goal is to get a BMI of 20.8, although I may drop to 20.2 BMI if I think I can improve my health further in doing so. I started at a BMI of 30.0. I am currently down to 21.9.