Looking for friends at goal or close to goal

Options
Hi all!
Over the course of a year and a half, I lost 50 pounds and came within a pound or two of my ultimate goal weight. I ventured into maintenance because I felt good where I was. I began to slack off on exercise and logging my foods so I am now 10 pounds away from my ultimate goal weight. It only took about 8 months for this to happen.
Suffice it to say, I didn't do a great job but I am reeling it back in. My friends list has gotten smaller since I was such a slacker so I'm looking for friends to help support me on my journey of getting back to my UGW and finally onto maintenance.
I love MFP and the great people I've met through it. I know I would not have been so successful otherwise!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am at 10 pounds from my goal. Please feel free to add me as a MFP...

I am just getting over pneumonia and getting back on the goal I set before I got sick.

• samanthahix12
    Options
    Thank you! Please friends, I need your help!
  • ToniaH75
    Options
    I wished 10 was all i had to lose but unfortunately i need to lose about 50 but you can still feel free to add me lol...
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Still working at this maintenance thing, lol. Gained a little over the holidays so I'm eating at a deficit at the moment.
  • eshaness
    eshaness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi been at the MFP & fitbit thing since August 2012 ( hit 50 and looked in the mirror and thought "fat,unfit and getting worse) started around 242 lbs and my target was 189 lbs closest I got was 193 after around 1 1/2 years, since then it has yo yoed between 193 and 203 depending on holidays/Xmas stopped logging food and exercise from the 19th Dec to yesterday and am going to give it a go again this year. Feel free to add.

Paul
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position Samantha. I lost all my weight, went into maintenance and the weight slowly creeped back on. I'm about 15 lbs from where I want to be. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
    5'4.5"
    CW: 150 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs
    UGW:132 (I will lose to 132 and then maintain between 132-138)
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    Woohoo! Thanks to all of you.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'5"
    Heaviest weight - 185 lbs
    Current Weight - 133 lbs
    Goal Weight - 125 lbs
  • ToddPa12
    ToddPa12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Always looking to add. I've been at 10 lbs from my goal for over a month now and struggling with these pounds. I'm feeling happier, but frustrated with the stalemate I'm at, so any support is always welcomed.
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I gained over the holidays as well and would like to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • bitsinator
    bitsinator Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar story, I lost 50 lbs and reached goal in 2013. It took a year to lose it and I've maintained it for almost a full year, but this past few months I started creeping back up. I'm up about 15 lbs from goal and ready to get back in the saddle. Let's do this!
  • AngryBecky
    AngryBecky Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone ! Looking for friends for motivation! I've got a good streak going. Let's keep it up!!! B)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3lbs away from my original goal - might lose a few more when I get there. Feel free to add me...

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I am at goal. Feel free to add me.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am in a healthy weight range BMI but technically about 5 pounds out from goal weight and definitely have more health and fitness goals - my result goal is more about toning up certain areas and eventually strengthening once I get here. However it will be a challenge not just to maintain but break that plateau to take it to the next level. I guess that's why they call them plateaus :) More about the "physical result" than the actual weight number for me.
    Feel free to add me - happy to support and expand the network a bit.
    Thanks and good luck
  • crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'2
    cw 131
    gw 120-125
    Those last few are hard! You know you're at an already healthy wt, but would like to lose some "vanity" pounds. Those just don't seem as important and those "cheat" meals keep adding up! Feel free to add me.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was doing well, then had a bad summer (hubby's health - I binged on ice cream), plateaued like crazy in Sept/Oct, and was doing great in Nov/Dec. You know what happened at Christmas! I am 10 - 15 lbs over where I want to be as well. Love to have another friend, add me if you wish.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Happy for anyone to add me.

I'm 5'2", 40s.
    SW:184 lbs
    CW: 127-ish
    UGW: 124 -- to be followed by some recomp. Continued fat burning/strength building.

3 lbs!! Only 3 lbs to go!
  • Kingtjr47
    Kingtjr47 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join in but feel kinda left out based on age etc. Not at all interested in those in it for ego reasons. At least that's how too many of these seem to be.
    Lost 76 lbs over about 9 months. Been on what I call maintenance for almost 6 months with decent results. This journey has been one of discovery and change. Learned much about myself and what I see as my addictions. Jokingly referred to as a seafood problem. (See food and eat it)
    Being a sedentary creature by current lifestyle, despite having a very active life up to age 50, I cannot relate to those gym rats posting frequently.
    Still, would be willing to share experiences getting to where I am today. Perhaps someone could use the occasional non judgmental support of a fellow traveler. And I could use encouragement about returning to a 'slightly' more active routine.
  • MrsVierkant
    MrsVierkant Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on MFP since summer of 2013 and maintained (I have a 5 pound range that I allow: 155-160) for a year now, with the exception of a little fall back this past summer where I slacked and gained almost 10 lbs. I lost that weight, but the holidays have added about 3 pounds. I'm working hard to get rid of those once again.
    I'm 45, just shy of 5'7", and lost 23+ pounds with MFP.
    I'm always looking for new friends on MFP. I like the social aspect of the app (I usually log in from my phone) and it keeps me checking in everyday.
    I exercise 5-7 days a week. I'm a runner (nothing serious, 5ks), into yoga and Pilates. I also love the elliptical. I check in to MFP everyday, my diary is open (I log 5-7 days/week) and I don't do any special diets.