I want to eat this whole packet of biscuits

Options
Do you ever have those days? I'm currently wrestling with a packet of custard creams, I could happily eat the whole packet and my mouth would thank me, but my body wouldn't. I've been dieting for around 7 months now and it's very rare that I get these cravings but all I can think about today is food. I need to do something to keep my mind and hands off the biscuits :D

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you eat them all today, then you can't eat them the rest of the week!

When I am tempted to eat entire packages of high calorie food, I go for high-volume veggies. There's something satisfying about eating a massive plate of something, especially if it's crunchy.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    My best trick is to go get some cardio in. Takes my cravings away completely. Second best is to eat some meat. I would just say protein but aside from meat, I find it tough to eat protein without also having added carbs. Less effective for me at least.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I'm really craving something, I look at what I'm craving and either use willpower to just eat a little or find an alternative. If I want salty, crunch potato chips, I'll head for a few peanuts. If I want something sweet like cake or pie, I'll wear flavored Greek yogurt. Usually helps me.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Log all the calories for all the biscuits into your day and look at the results across the week...if you're still at a defecit and don't want to eat anything else today then eat them

Or don't
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ugh.... I have days like that! I usually grab a cup of hot green tea with an orange slice and walk away. By the time I'm done with with my tea, the craving is gone.... Usually.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    How about getting a few out of the package (maybe a serving size or 1.5), put the rest of the package away (out of sight, out of mind) and enjoy the few that you have in front of you? This way you enjoy the taste of the biscuits and you make it fit into your daily calories.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I still grab one of the bad old vending machine snacks that helped my gain a lot of my weight occasoinally - it seems to me you haven't really beat the habit until you can have just one on occasion without losing control and getting freaked out by it
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    How about getting a few out of the package (maybe a serving size or 1.5), put the rest of the package away (out of sight, out of mind) and enjoy the few that you have in front of you? This way you enjoy the taste of the biscuits and you make it fit into your daily calories.

That's what I did, I had enough spare calories for a few biccies and I put the rest away in a different room, on a different floor :D

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I had those cravings all the time. That's how I gained the weight in the first place.

Once I stopped doing it, I stopped wanting to. My body doesn't crave the hand-to-mouth-until-the-entire-package-of-cookies-is-gone movement anymore. Now I can happily eat just one that fits in my meal plan and stop there. I enjoy it more, too.

Switch to higher quality snacks like fancy chocolate (hey, you can afford it now that you're eating it so slowly!) and you'll wonder why you ever wanted the cheap stuff.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

That's what I did, I had enough spare calories for a few biccies and I put the rest away in a different room, on a different floor :D

Good for you!

• neveragain84
    Options

Good for you!

+1 :)

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet like cake or pie, I'll wear flavored Greek yogurt. Usually helps me.

How does this work?!? :p

• ashoona
    ashoona Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Log all the calories for all the biscuits into your day and look at the results across the week...if you're still at a defecit and don't want to eat anything else today then eat them

Or don't

This is a really good idea! I think I'll try this the next time I feel a binge coming on.

• meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't keep things like that in the house and if I get a craving for something, I force myself to walk to the store to get it. The nearest store is about 2 miles round trip... I've yet to actually make the purchase when I get to the store :-) And... living in Minnesota, where the temp is currently -1F, that walk would get mighty cold! I don't think there is ANYTHING in the world that would be worth the walk right now!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

I'm glad that my suggestion helped!! :blush: It's definitely better to have some of whatever you want to eat than completely avoiding them, or else you'll never stop thinking about them and in the end really binging on that food. :flowerforyou:
  • neveragain84
    Options
    If I want something sweet like cake or pie, I'll wear flavored Greek yogurt. Usually helps me.

How does this work?!? :p

Stupid autocorrect. :p

• NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If I eat a food then feel I want to binge on it, I brush my teeth. Let's face it nothing tastes good with freshly brushed teeth. This gives me time to think about if I just want it because it tastes good, I'm hungry, or thirsty. If I'm hungry then I'll eat a healthy meal and that usually stops me from eating a whole thing of something.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Good job!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Of course you can "eat the whole package." Just make sure it takes several days (or weeks) to eat it. One serving at a time.