Workout Ideas ?

Options
I Been Going To The Park Usually And Getting 2 or 3 Miles In Everyday , but II Want To Do Somthing Else , Either Thank The Park And Gym Any Ideas ?

Replies

• txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    get a fitbit, or a pedometer app on your phone, and set a goal of 10,000 steps a day, which is between 4-5 miles. Then meet that regularly and slowly increase. Do zumba workouts on YouTube. Jump rope. All of those work for me.
  • meghanwasham
    Options
    I use workout videos at home. Love them!
  • ToniaH75
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex to track steps and i am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
  • golfguy90
    Options
    High intensity interval training is a great way to burn a lot of calories quickly. Great way to spike your heart rate and if you are on a tight time frame. I like to do intervals of a minute of sprints on the rowing machine, followed by a minute of a more relaxed rowing stroke which is pretty much my rest period. Or if you are running , I would sprint 100 meters , followed by a slow jog of 300-400 meters.
  • ljbowers11
    Options
    Jillian Michaels circuit training videos at home have done wonders for me. They are shorter but more intense calorie burning workouts. Taebo helped me too
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Swimming is good, kickboxing is as well, oh and snowshoeing or biking, rowing,etc
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Find an activity that you enjoy! Think outside the box. Sure, there's gym, outdoor exercise...

what about roller skating? Did you used to enjoy that as a kid? Why not get some skates on at the rink and do some laps? How about trying something like Afro Dancehall? Pole dancing or circus classes are fun, unusual and use upper bodies in ways we might not expect.

It doesn't matter what you find as long as you find something that you enjoy and might want to do more than once!
  • alyssamontezino
    alyssamontezino Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    get a fitbit, or a pedometer app on your phone, and set a goal of 10,000 steps a day, which is between 4-5 miles. Then meet that regularly and slowly increase. Do zumba workouts on YouTube. Jump rope. All of those work for me.

Thanks and yeah I was thinking of doing Zumba or to go boxing with my brother , but thanks for the advice really helps ! :)
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    I use workout videos at home. Love them!

What are some you recommend ?
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    golfguy90 wrote: »
    High intensity interval training is a great way to burn a lot of calories quickly. Great way to spike your heart rate and if you are on a tight time frame. I like to do intervals of a minute of sprints on the rowing machine, followed by a minute of a more relaxed rowing stroke which is pretty much my rest period. Or if you are running , I would sprint 100 meters , followed by a slow jog of 300-400 meters.

Okay , I Will Try It Out Thanks For Your Advice :)
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    ljbowers11 wrote: »
    Jillian Michaels circuit training videos at home have done wonders for me. They are shorter but more intense calorie burning workouts. Taebo helped me too
    Alright Thanks I'll Try It Out ! :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    First of all why are you working out? I don't mean that sarcastically. What is your reason for working out/what are you trying to accomplish? This info would help when choosing how to accomplish that task.
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    Find an activity that you enjoy! Think outside the box. Sure, there's gym, outdoor exercise...

what about roller skating? Did you used to enjoy that as a kid? Why not get some skates on at the rink and do some laps? How about trying something like Afro Dancehall? Pole dancing or circus classes are fun, unusual and use upper bodies in ways we might not expect.

It doesn't matter what you find as long as you find something that you enjoy and might want to do more than once!

Thanks I Never Thought Of It Like That , I will Do That. But Not Skate , Never Skated But I Have Friends Who Have So I'll Give A Try Thanks Again ! :)
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    Swimming is good, kickboxing is as well, oh and snowshoeing or biking, rowing,etc

Thanks I'll Give It A Try !
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    ToniaH75 wrote: »
    I have a Fitbit Flex to track steps and i am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

Okay Thanks Yeah Many People Recommend That Ama Look For It Thanks !
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    First of all why are you working out? I don't mean that sarcastically. What is your reason for working out/what are you trying to accomplish? This info would help when choosing how to accomplish that task.

Am Working Out Everything .. and When Am Working Out Am Trying To Burn As Many Calories To Get Rid Of Fat.. :\
    Options
    I do Figuraerobics (Look it up on Youtube) and in the video is an amazing Korean woman named Jung Dayeon who lost like 30 lbs. ((If you want motivation to lose weight, just look at those girls and guys in the video!!)). I also do Pilates by Cassie Ho for arms, back, legs, and core. It's a great workout and I can see some amazing tone already only after doing it for 2 months 3 times a week!!! I also lift weights 3 times a week.

I for one am a girl who's working out to get a good body so I can get a boyfriend. Also so I can feel more confident and be more healthy. Also, I want to get into the habit of eating well, not gaining weight when I lax, and exercising; so when I go off to Culinary School in a year or two I won't blow up like a balloon and be right back where I started.
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    I do Figuraerobics (Look it up on Youtube) and in the video is an amazing Korean woman named Jung Dayeon who lost like 30 lbs. ((If you want motivation to lose weight, just look at those girls and guys in the video!!)). I also do Pilates by Cassie Ho for arms, back, legs, and core. It's a great workout and I can see some amazing tone already only after doing it for 2 months 3 times a week!!! I also lift weights 3 times a week.

I for one am a girl who's working out to get a good body so I can get a boyfriend. Also so I can feel more confident and be more healthy. Also, I want to get into the habit of eating well, not gaining weight when I lax, and exercising; so when I go off to Culinary School in a year or two I won't blow up like a balloon and be right back where I started.

Thanks I Will Try That ! And That Great That You Have Started , Am Kinda Loosing Weight For The Same Purpose As Yours But Mainly Is For Me To Feel Good About My Self In My Own Body , To Be Able To Wear The Clothes I Want Without Having To Worry About How Ugly I Look . And Once You Think Of Your Purpose It Makes Everything Easier ! Thanks For Your Advice Again ! And Your Going To Great In Culinary School And Your Journey ! And Don't Worry If You Have A Boyfriend Or Not That Does Not Define Who You Are , With Or Without A Boyfriend Your Beuatiful Anyway ! :)
    Options
    Thanks a bunch, Alyssamontezino! And I don't know why you're on this site because you look so beautiful and don't look as though you need to lose any weight whatsoever!!
  • alyssamontezino
    Options
    Thanks a bunch, Alyssamontezino! And I don't know why you're on this site because you look so beautiful and don't look as though you need to lose any weight whatsoever!!

Awhh Thanks But I Do Really Do Am Fat ! Like Ever Since I Was Little I Been A Chubby Kid It Never Bother Me Till Now When I Grew Up . So Am Trying To Loose Weight , and Am Short So I Look More Overweight .