Can someone recommend good workout clothing gear for ladies? and a good body spray?

Options
Hi
Just wanted to know if any ladies can recommend any good workout gear for women? Mostly looking for good clothing that wicks sweat and easy to run(indoors and /or outdoors) and a nice body spray? I sweat a lot and worried a bit about some BO...thanks

Replies

• macnma01
    macnma01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly Zella attire. Its Nordstrom's brand of activewear. I feel as though it is better quality than Lululemon and less expensive. Plus you get the wonderful Nordstrom customer service if it ever fails you! I love their leggings. I've also found some good tops at Marshall's and Old Navy. Old Navy also has nice leggings - I really like the Compression ones. They come in both long and calf length.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Danskin brand of workout clothes. IDK about body spray; I just use deodorant/antiperspirant to make sure I'm not nasty while working out.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    A pair of those cotton/knit pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. Not tight, covers what you want, and is light-weight enough to not make you overheated. And a lot cheaper than actual 'workout' gear.

I don't know about body spray, I use the prescription strength deodorant and that seems to work well for me (put a little extra on right before exercise).
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    k thanks, any recommendations for tops? my regular tshirt starts to smell damp and old real fast and that smell lingers and some guys smell a lot better than I do, which was why I ask but will continue using deodorant,
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Go to the workout section of any store... Target, Walmart, higher end if you prefer, and just get some wicking shirts from their fitness clothing section. When I started in August, I just went in and got about 7 shirts for around $4-5 each and wash them after every wear.

Combine not re-using with a good deodorant (the only one that works for me is Mitchum Clinical Unscented [not the smart solid!!] like this one), and you won't smell, and can avoid the body sprays which are not allowed in most gyms here anyway due to scent policies.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I use mostly Tek Gear and Fila bought from Kohls. For indoors running, shorts or capris that are close fitting. Anything else makes me hot & uncomfortable.

At work, for lunch hour 'workouts' I keep wet wipes & deoderant on hand.
    Hi
    Just wanted to know if any ladies can recommend any good workout gear for women? Mostly looking for good clothing that wicks sweat and easy to run(indoors and /or outdoors) and a nice body spray? I sweat a lot and worried a bit about some BO...thanks

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, Target, TJ Maxx, even Walmart.

Lululemon and Athleta if you're independently wealthy.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    k thanks, any recommendations for tops? my regular tshirt starts to smell damp and old real fast and that smell lingers and some guys smell a lot better than I do, which was why I ask but will continue using deodorant,

Throw some vinegar in when you wash them.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Vinegar works best in the rinse cycle; wash with baking soda and detergent.

I just get my workout clothes in Target.

I beg of you, please don't wear scented body spray to the gym. Some people (okay, I admit, I'm one of them) are scent-sensitive. Fragrances trigger migraines for me, especially when I'm physically exerting myself. I have had to leave the gym early on more than one occasion because someone has come to workout on a machine near me drenched in fragrance.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I beg of you, please don't wear scented body spray to the gym. Some people (okay, I admit, I'm one of them) are scent-sensitive. Fragrances trigger migraines for me, especially when I'm physically exerting myself. I have had to leave the gym early on more than one occasion because someone has come to workout on a machine near me drenched in fragrance.

I second this! I can't even walk down the perfume aisle of stores because of this, really hate when I have to leave the gym too!

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I use Danskin work out gear from Walmart! (I go through work out gear like crazy and buy moderate priced stuff (Pants, work out bras, work out tanks). I wear under armor running shoes and socks.

I have Winter Nike gear for running in the cold (fleese pants and awesome hooded sweatshirt) from Dicks Sporting goods.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I got my compression pants and top from Old Navy and I love them. I also got 2 tank tops from g2oh.com that I wear when I don't need my compression top. My trainer says she gets a lot of her pants from Wal-Mart so I may check that out too.

As for spray AFTER the gym I use Bath and Body Works Carried Away. I love it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

I second this! I can't even walk down the perfume aisle of stores because of this, really hate when I have to leave the gym too!

Me, three!
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Check out TJ Maxx and Marshalls, they often have good deals. Some of my favorite pants have actually come from Target. Moving comfort sells some of the best sports bras (super important, cheap sports bras are no good).
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love old navy for my workout gear, and walmart.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I buy my from TJ Maxx and all kind discount stores or sporting stores, I would say most name brands are good (asics, nike, reebok, puma, etc), I have some tops form Gaps and they are really comfortable and they won't stick on my body after I sweat and they dry fast.

go to a few different stores to try on some different brands and see how you like them.

Good luck!
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Athleta brand (athleta.com) capris for bottoms, and I own like 20 colors of Reebok Women's Vector T-shirt and love them. I get them at Dick's Sporting goods.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    macnma01 wrote: »
    I wear mostly Zella attire. Its Nordstrom's brand of activewear. I feel as though it is better quality than Lululemon and less expensive. Plus you get the wonderful Nordstrom customer service if it ever fails you! I love their leggings. I've also found some good tops at Marshall's and Old Navy. Old Navy also has nice leggings - I really like the Compression ones. They come in both long and calf length.

my mom LOVES zella.. i really like their stuff, but i feel like their sizing runs smaller on my body type. just was eyeing a pair of their leggings online earlier today :X i typically wear nike and under armour though.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with Athleta brand (athleta.com) capris for bottoms, and I own like 20 colors of Reebok Women's Vector T-shirt and love them. I get them at Dick's Sporting goods.

Me too! I swear that is made by sweet little fairies like Tinkerbell!

I will hit up the under armour, nike, new balance etc outlets. They tend to have good sales in my area. I also like REI. I love the stores but you can also order online. I always wear dry wicking material. I find it doesn't smell or maybe I am just used to my own smell.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Just about any women's clothing store has a workout session, from the discount stores to the specialty ones.

I wear Zumba brand, Athleta and then supplement with anything else that catches my eye.