How many calories in Cannabis?

Options
So I will be taking a trip to Colorado at the end of next month. I was wounding how you would log calories in Cannabis? Since it is legal there, I see no reason not to sample some of them. I've never done this before of course, and I am just worried that it would affect my daily calorie goal. Any help is appreciated. Is 250 calories a day enough?

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are any calories consumed when you smoke pot. Now the munchies that come later.......
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    There has to be. everything that you put into your mouth has calories. Maybe just not a lot, but I am going to run a pretty tight ship on the calorie in calorie out train. I thought munchies were a myth?
  • rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    obviously you have never done this before. if you had, you would know that the better the pot, the more calories you are going to consume immediately afterwards goes up dramaticly
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Naw bruh no calories in the weed. The calories are in what you eat after you smoke. I mean ok look, if you put an entire sticky bud in your mouth and crunched the whole thing down, first of all Lord help you lol, and second of all it might have had 2 calories. You don't get calories from smoking stuff tho. Trust me on this, however: Munchies are *not* a myth. Not any more than getting stoned is a myth. ;) It is a true side effect.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    you guys are speaking in some sort of language I don't understand. I guess I have a lot to lean next month.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    OK. Let me break this down for you. Smoking said cannabis does not cause you to take in any calories. *eating* said cannabis would cause you to take in maybe two calories. After taking in cannabis, whether by smoking or by eating, it is very likely you *will* experience a desire to eat large quantities of food.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    OK. Let me break this down for you. Smoking said cannabis does not cause you to take in any calories. *eating* said cannabis would cause you to take in maybe two calories. After taking in cannabis, whether by smoking or by eating, it is very likely you *will* experience a desire to eat large quantities of food.

Well is Colorado really fat then?
    It just seems really odd that it doesn't have calories is all.
  • rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Look dude, go smoke, enjoy yourself, stay away from the store while your high and you wont have a calorie problem
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you are going to smoke the cannabis you will not be ingesting it and therefore consuming nothing - no calories. If you are going to be eating it then it will most likely be similar to other sorts of leaf like spinach or rocket - but it's going to be such a small amount that the most you will be like to eat is 10-30kcal worth if even that - now how you eat it will be different, pot brownies/space cakes & other kinds of cooked treats will all come with their own calories - if they're sugar heavy you can expect up to 500kcal per small handful.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is your plan to consume said cannabis in some sort of baked good such as a brownie? I would log the pot brownie as an ordinary brownie, as the THC in the marijuana is generally extracted (by simmering) into the oil or butter to be used in the batter, and the leaves are usually strained out.

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-marijuana-brownies/
    for informational purposes only.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    So if eating the cannabis will create hunger for you, maybe take some HCG to help the hunger go away while you eat your cannabis in peace.
  • Solkre2
    Solkre2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You don't gain calories through your lungs...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    There has to be. everything that you put into your mouth has calories. Maybe just not a lot, but I am going to run a pretty tight ship on the calorie in calorie out train. I thought munchies were a myth?

In that case, pot has the same calories as oxygen.

• VegetalienPleurnichard
    Options
    asking if cannabis has calories is like asking if tobacco has calories.
    you're in inhaling the smoke that comes from burning an herb.
    that's like saying if you have a wood burning fireplace and breath in you're inhaling calories.

Munchies are not a myth.
    but don't worry about it, like @rikracer1961 said, enjoy yourself!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Look dude, go smoke, enjoy yourself, stay away from the store while your high and you wont have a calorie problem

Stay away from stores, restaurants, kitchens, and food in general and you will be ok,, good luck with being strict on the cal in- cal out thing though, I am thinking cal in are going to go wayyyyy up

*kinda wondering if this is a troll...
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

Well is Colorado really fat then?
    It just seems really odd that it doesn't have calories is all.

I don't smoke...anything...but I wouldn't even think to log a cigarette...same idea really. In fact, I bet you actually burn more calories, mind you just a tiny bit, from whatever motions and muscles (even the ones in your face). Maybe that's why smokers tend to be skinnier. Lol. Ok I know that's not why.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    that's like saying if you have a wood burning fireplace and breath in you're inhaling calories.

Munchies are not a myth.

But what if you eat it? Eating it has to have some calories to it. Right? Not everyone smokes it!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Munchies are not a myth.

But what if you eat it? Eating it has to have some calories to it. Right? Not everyone smokes it!
    CloudyMao wrote: »
    If you are going to smoke the cannabis you will not be ingesting it and therefore consuming nothing - no calories. If you are going to be eating it then it will most likely be similar to other sorts of leaf like spinach or rocket - but it's going to be such a small amount that the most you will be like to eat is 10-30kcal worth if even that - now how you eat it will be different, pot brownies/space cakes & other kinds of cooked treats will all come with their own calories - if they're sugar heavy you can expect up to 500kcal per small handful.

• emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Haha xD The munchies are not a myth. I stopped smoking because I couldn't ignore my munchie cravings. Although I have heard some people don't get muchies, or specific strains don't give you the munchies. :s
This discussion has been closed.