Motivation

Options
Hello everyone!
Lemme take this time to introduce myself. My name is Lucas and as much as I am on here to track my goals amd accomlishments, I am also here to witness all of you reach what you have been working towards. Nothing makes me happier than to see someone get excited for making progress. That is a spark of life and motivation not only for you, but for everyone around you. I want to push you so you can push someone else. So here is my story:

Throughout my whole life I have been an athletic kid. Played at least 3 sports every year, and never worried about being out of shape. My mother would always say, " You know one day you won't be able to do that anymore!" Yeah, yeah I would say, thinking I am so different from everyone else. To my disbelief, reality hit me like a mack truck. I became weak...feeling very ill day in and day out. Many issues made me question if I would make it to tomorrow. I finally ended up in the hospital; sick as a dog. Here's the short, non-graphic version: Six weeks and 60 lbs later, i am back home, on what I am pretty sure a new body than I was in before. 110 lbs and no muscle to me, i had to teach myself to walk again. Seriously?? What am I a toddler?! 2 weeks it took me to teach myself how to walk and fight through the pain. I knew ( at the time) I would never be the same again. Looking back at old news articles and pictures of me working out and playing sports depressed me so much I refused to look into the mirror. So one day I am finally moving around, cleaning my room and suddenly stubbed my toe on a 10 lb dumbell.i looked down and saw the black hunk of rubber and metal and said "You are only 10 lbs!" "Can i even lift you anymore??" So fed up with the idea that i was going to be defeated by 10 pounds, I made it my first goal: attempt to workout everyday until i could use it again. Day in and day out, i tried and tried to at least 5 reps of every exercise i could think of. Prior to being sick I would warmup doing 30 pullups; all i wanted was 1. 1 pullup and I would pass stage 1. I never gave up. The day I got it, I said to myself " Well, on to 2, I guess." Just like that I was addicted to succeed. I felt like becoming the old me will be no problem at this rate, so why stop there?? We need to become the best we can be. Work hard today to make it harder tomorrow. I'm 22 living with Severe Ulcerative Colitis, getting infusions every 6-7 weeks for life...but that will NOT STOP ME. Everyday I tell people they can when they think they cannot. Use this as a wake up call, motivation, anything to push you to new limits. No one is invincible, but we can build ourselves to a new stage in life. Someplace we did not even fathom the idea of getting to. If you want it bad, YOU MUST GO TODAY.