OMG I did it!!!

Options
Hi All,

So I planned to workout with a trainer while he was doing his workout but the only time we could do it was at 430am!! Yeap thats right 430 in the morning. Our plan was for today. Well go figure with Murphy's law and all I can't get to sleep last nite. I probably got like 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep. But I get up anyway and head to the gym. Afterward I felt great!! I am now at work and I am still feeling great. I feel a little tired but definitely not as much compared to not exercising with little sleep. I am so proud of myself for doing it. Getting up early is so hard for me so the fact I was able to with little sleep is tremendous. Just wanted to share my story.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That's dedication. Good for you girl! :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'd love to be able to do this as well.
  • allyson1432
    Options
    Congrats to you!!1
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I LOVE working out in the morning! I do it everyday... it's a GREAT way to start your day!
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    Holy moly, nice going! If you do that a few more times, your body will start to adapt--- worth a try!

-The last time I was able to wake up and work out early in the morning, I was in the military... so GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    Good for you! I value every minute of sleep I get. You could say I'm a sleepaholic...lol. I run a daycare and that all in it's own beats the living crap out of me. So the very idea of getting up at that hour is totally crazy! Good for you though! It's a great start to a wonderful day!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and GOOD FOR YOU!

I love my early morning workouts. I set my alarm and promptly get up at 3:30 a.m. 5 mornings a week and hit the treadmill.
    Yes, 3:30 a.m.!!! It's peaceful and no one bothers me...I can run to my hearts content. :smile:

Maybe this will set a new trend for you since you feel so great...???!!!

Again, many congrats. Give yourself a pat on the back. You so deserve it.
    :drinker:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Wow!:noway: That's way too early for me.:bigsmile:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I always have such good intentions of doing the same thing, but never get my lazy butt out of bed to do it. That is a wonderful accomplishment! Good job!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    good job getting up....i'm still working on it....i need to squeeze in at least 1 maybe 2 6am classes to get in my 5 workouts a week, i'm working on it :)
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    thats great committment getting up that early for a workout, but i suppose if somebody else is pushing you then you will do it.

you should hopefully sleep well tonight then. LOL
  • blackchick85
    Options
    Wow!!! You look awesome... thats i why love this site... everytime i log on i get more and more inpired!!! keep up the freat work!
  • leofink
    leofink Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. I had to make that decision early in the school year (I'm a middle school counselor). I tried really hard to get my workouts in after work, but nothing could stay consistent. So I figured out that I would have to get up early. My early is exactly your early. 4:30 a.m.

I can tell you that it gets easier. It does. It's just what I do now. That's when I get up for work, even if I have a headache and have to do a half-hearted workout. On the weekend, I only work out on Saturday, and I get up at 6:00 a.m.

Good for you for deciding that you are important enough. Don't listen to anyone in your life who try to tell you that they "just couldn't do that." It's a choice. I certainly did not want to start getting up that early. It was what I had to do if I wanted to get my exercise in. As it is, that only gives me around a half hour, but I think my results so far speak for themselves. Thirty minutes, six days a week is kicking all kinds of butt. Rock on!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I value every minute of sleep I get. You could say I'm a sleepaholic...lol. I run a daycare and that all in it's own beats the living crap out of me. So the very idea of getting up at that hour is totally crazy! Good for you though! It's a great start to a wonderful day!

I run a daycare too :) Feel free to add me, if you are looking for more friends on here. I can't get up early either ick!

WTG to the original poster, that must feel fantastic!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm also a very early morning worker-outter. 4:40am every morning since Feb. it's nice.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Wow, I feel your pain. I too got about 3-4 hours of sleep, if that, and I had to go to the dentist at 8 a.m. and then come home and do my Insanity Fit Test. If you could do that with lack of sleep, imagine what you will do with a full 7-8! Good for you!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I do plan to do it a couple times a week I think. I can only imagine what I will feel like if I have a full nights sleep. I still feel good so I'm gonna keep on trekking. LOL.

Your right I did feel like I was worth it to actually do what I set out to do instead of cancelling...that is a huge accomplishment. Before the new me I would say oh well I didn't sleep well or enough I'm gonna stay home. Not only did I workout at the butt crack of dawn but I am at work actually awak to work. Thats Huge!!! Thanks all for making me realize I put myself first. Feels great!!!!!