how do I stop these cravings?

Options
Today was a good day other than the piece of loaded veggie pizza I had for lunch, I just can't stop the craving for salty sugary meals that I used to eat....but I know changing 22yrs of habit takes time....when does it end?what can I do?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Work it into to your food allotment :) for the day
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    two things.
    1) i try and make healthier versions of the foods i love to eat out. like pasta, pizza and mexican. these cuisines can be prepared very healthy and good at home. check out skinny taste.com if you need a place to start.

2) check your emotions. are you craving them out of stress? overwhelmed? etc? usually cravings (if i've already tried my first point) is a sure sign something else is going on..
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    How about continue eating the same foods you ate before, just smaller portions to fit your daily calories?
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Alot of the times I find if I eat some crackers and cheese (1 serving) wait about 20 - 30 minutes, the craving will pass and sometimes just waiting out the craving works too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't try and stop cravings. I sort of ride them. Like riding an elephant and coaxing it in a new and friendly direction. I have a Quizno's pizza half portion once a week because I like it. I plan for it and track it.

I've switched to low-fat cheese.
    I use spices in place of salt more often.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131