Canadian Eh - DREADED MONDAY

Options
Well I am back from physio and NOT good. Boy do I feel ill. I had a good talk with her about work and although she can’t really advise me. She thinks it is WAY too soon for me to be back. I am starting to feel better physically (not so much pain any more) but it is the concussion that is not good. So on that note, I am going to try my 4 hour shift today and if it takes me 3 days to recover, I will not be going back next week. I really didn’t want to go backward, and go back down to no work at all, but she feels that the more rest I get the faster it will be for me to recover.

Anywho

K off to get ready for work…….oh how I am dreading this today

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...I think the sun wants to poke its head out today

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm working from home today, my 4 year old has the pukes :(

Not easy to eat well at home...especially since I'm not feeling 100% myself. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day right?

It was nice and sunny this morning here in Brampton but it's cloudy and windy now!
  • hexidecimal
    Options
    Hope everyone's monday gets better. I weighed myself this morning, and realized that my starting weight was off. I've weighed in on a real scale today (not the Wii) and was somewhat shocked by the number. Oh well, I'll take it as my starting weight today, and re-apply myself. The weekend was tough - but it always is when I'm at home. I'm drinking my "See-Less-O-Me" tea, and trying to be really concious of the food I'm putting in my body. Now I just need to find the time to get in my exercise. Have a great Monday everyone. WildeChikk - I hope the day doesn't do you in. Take call, All.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Wilde...I think your physio is right...better to take the time now and get better faster. Hope the work day goes okay for you.

Hexi...never heard of that tea...where do you get it? Thought I might check it out. Any thing to help right. And hang in there...I am confident (maybe hopeful) that when one eats the right foods in the right portions, and exercises regularly, the weight will come off.

I was actually looking forward to today. We are having a biggest loser competition at work and today was weigh in day. I looked forward to it cause this is my first week on MFP and I have been trying hard to follow the plan...according to my weigh in here I lost 8.4 lbs. I do think that is too much, but some of it may be bounce back from what I gained last week (4+)...you know...the hormonal stuff. However if I continue another week or two losing that much I think I will modify what I eat because I think that is too much to be losing in a week. All that said...this mornings weigh in doesn't count for me...I am also a member of TOPS, and I used my Monday evening weigh in there as my starting point, so will have to wait til tonight before I change my stats.

My weekend went okay...lots of cravings to nibble, but managed to stay away from the fridge and cupboard. Actually reading posts on here helped pass time and motivate me too. My only real indulgence was a vodka and diet coke...can't believe that 1 1/2 oz is 104 calories. I think my drinking pattern is going to change...not that I really drink much.

Cloudy here with rain in the forcast again...tired of rain.
  • hexidecimal
    Options
    I get the tea from my sister-in-law's store on the Sunshine Coast. It's by Nuwati Herbals, a nature based herbal supplement company. They have a great selection of teas. The website is NuwatiHerbals.com but I'm not sure if they ship anything. I think the store in Sechelt is the only location in western canada that carries it.

I have to agree - I'm finding that reading all the posts helps to keep me on track. Now that I've weighted myself properly, I'll have to see how I do. Good Luck, everyone!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Poor you, wildechikk, I feel for you...

I just returned from physio myself. I am progressing - 1/2h walk and 1/2h run today and no hip pain.

What a busy weekend. I was up in weight today. Hopefully only as a result of weekend sodium (could be the red wine though) ;-)