Best work out for a better stomach?

Options
I lost 100 pounds and I'm pretty fit everywhere but my lower stomach. I have a bit of flabby skin and would like to know what work outs i should be doing to tone it up? I'd rather not get surgery.

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    How recent have you lost? There's no exercise for skin. However, skin takes awhile to bounce back. It won't all go away but it might be a little better in time. If it's fat, a slight deficit and weightlifting with a good routine would probably help. Depending on BF % even a slight bulk would improve overall physique. If you don't have access to a bench and weights, bodyweight exercise routines would be the next thing I'd suggest.
  • whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight over a 7 year period. I believe as time has gone on the skin has looked better but it could use improvment. I don't even like getting naked around my boyfriend (TMI) and am willing to try anything to tone it up. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    Absolutely. I lost 55 but I've been a roller coaster in weight prior between overeating and having two kids. I still have some loose skin on my stomach and arms. The only thing I could think that would aid would be "building" volume there by doing a slight bulk and working those areas, getting good amount of protein and tons of patience. I spent 7 months bulking with weightlifting and I did see physique differences but it wasn't super.

I would not let your current appearance effect your every day life you. You're beautiful and obviously your boyfriend loves you for everything you and should♡ Congratz on your incredible loss! That alone takes a lot of determination and heart
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I had absolutely flat abs when I was younger no matter what. Then I had an emergency appendectomy, where they had to cut all my stomach muscles to access the damage of a burst appendix and ever since it's been hard to keep my muscles in check. I have really strong abs, but never any definition.

But, you definitely can strengthen you stomach with a lot of work - I do core exercise classes because I like the company.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options

Thank you for finding that!^

This is an excellent read. The OP of that thread has had kids herself and been overweight (she's also a badass) Some wonderful info as well.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Thank you for finding that!^

This is an excellent read. The OP of that thread has had kids herself and been overweight (she's also a badass) Some wonderful info as well.

If you ever lose the link, it's one of the great posts that's been stuck to the top of the General Diet and Weight Loss section. The rest of the posts stuck to the top there are good, too.

• whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    :D