Weight loss but no inches lost! help?

Options
hey there, i've lost about 10lbs but i dont *feel* like i've lost weight. my clothes fit the same and i'm not looking any thinner. last time i was this weight i felt very thin. I measured myself early April and have lost weight since then so i remeasured (for inches) tonight and all i lost was .5 inch on each thigh assuming i measured in the same place both times. so where has this mysterious weight gone if i'm still the same for inches? i thought water weight but then wouldn't that have affected inches?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I always wonder the same thing. I haven't lost a single inch. Apparently I'm losing from my toes and fingers or something - somewhere I don't measure anyway!.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I guess we have got to think of it is a 10lb bag of flour being sprinkled all over us. A little her and a little there not enough right now to tell a difference. This is the only answer I have!!!
  • annieconverse
    Options
    Who knows? I have the opposite. I lost very little weight but lost 2.5 inches off the widest part of my waist in a month. I guess if we strive for being healthier by eating healthier and exercising, it probably doesn't matter.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Part of it is water weight that you lost. If you gain weight pretty evenly you may lose it very evenly. Picture 5 pounds coming off but it coming off evenly from nearly everywhere. That's gonna be a very small change per square inch.
  • johncorbin581
    johncorbin581 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know that one of the first places my Girlfriend lost her weight was in her chest and *kitten*, you never know