Looking for Similar Friends

Options
Hi! My name is Kim and I have been using MFP since October 2014 and have been losing weight slowly but surely and reforming my eating habits thanks to the nutritional breakdown information. I have also started exercising at the gym (mostly walking and running).

I would like to have some friends in my age category (40-50). I would welcome others as well but I know that I can't exercise or loss weight like a 20 year old :). I would like friends to encourage me with my exercising and review what I eat to encourage me not to eat junk food (which I was able to do with little consequences when I was younger). Bad habits are really hard to break.

I also use RunKeeper if you want to be friends there as well.

Thanks!

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I"m 51. Most weightloss comes from better diet and diet control . Exercise enables you to eat more without gaining. Don't become dependent on your exercise for weightloss. Exercise is great for health though. I just go on about this because a lot of people give up their weightloss efforts when for various reasons they stop exercising.
  • KimAnningson
    Options
    Thanks Pattience for your reply! I understand what you say about better diet. I have been scanning most food (really all that I can scan) to get the nutritional information and have been shock to see how much carbs and fat I have been eating compared with the amount of protein and fibre :(. The problem is I really like junk food so I would like someone to encourage me when I eat better and hold me accountable when I don't.

My husband recently told me about something he read saying inactivity was the new smoking. When I realized that I wasn't even being active the minimum 30 minutes 3 days a week I realized I needed to start doing something .. anything really. And have progressed from walking to running and am training to run/walk a 5K this summer.

Thanks again for your response and encouragement :)