How do you deal with...

Options
2»

Replies

• shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of cranky people on here. Honestly, it's probably not jealousy or misery - they're just used to you being a certain way, and not sure how to react to the new you. I had a friend lose over 50 pounds. Because she did not do it in a healthy way, it looked startling on her body (little muscle, protruding bones) While I never told her to her face that she looked better before she lost the weight (because that's a little socially awkward), I definitely thought it, and it had nothing to do with jealousy. As long as you are being healthy, the comments should totally pass when people get used to the way you look. Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had a friend I felt this way about when he started getting fit. I never said anything to him.

I realized later it was because I had a huge crush on him and the change just took me time to adapt to (because he lost all the weight when he moved away and when I went to see him he looked radically different).

I got over it.

This reminds me...
    In the near future I'll be meeting a group of friends who haven't seen me since December.
    Got to be prepared for the good/bad comments.
    Need to also prepare for a one-line answer for the question "How'd you do it?".
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    I just ignore them. I had a woman today ask if I was still trying to lose weight. I said yes but it is going slower now. She said well what you lost was all water weight and now I have to lose the fat.. Hmmm 39 pounds lost and all water...lol
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    you tell them u feel a lot better and healthier since u lost weight
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    They just trying to make you feel low.
    Embrace the great feelings you are working so hard to get for,

Yourself :wink:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Punch them in the face.

I thought this...

Just ignore it. Do what makes you happy
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you tell them u feel a lot better and healthier since u lost weight

True that.
    I actually & am quicker, stronger, faster than I was 40lbs ago.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Some people...You gotta wonder what is going through their head when they say things!
    Don't let it bother you though. You are trying to be a healthier you and that's what matters most.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    These people are entitled to their opinions (although I see no reason to be verbal to you about it)...it doesn't mean you need to change what you are doing however. You are doing this for you, not for them. Their opinions simply don't matter!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I get people like this all the time, mostly family but a few in my class as well. It used to get to me, but you really just have to say *kitten* them. Their opinion about your body is what it is, an opinion. It doesn't matter unless you give their opinion value. So, I've chosen when people say, "Oh you looked better 30 pounds ago" to ignore it. I'm not trying to be attractive to them, I'm trying to be healthier and how I feel now is worth so much more then someone's two cents on my appearance. So they can shove their unwanted opinion up their rear end.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    all that is is JEALOUSY Move past that because more will be coming. Just think to yourself how losing the weight has made u feel. Way better huh? Don't forget that!!
  • YolandaSaez
    YolandaSaez Posts: 59
    Options
    I have people telling me that I'm too skinny... I take it as a jealously thing... Shrug em off. =]
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Tell them you liked them better when they weren't being rude a-holes.
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Say something in kind: "You looked better BEFORE you opened your mouth today."

LOL....Love it!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I haven't encountered this at all.
  • fitelisa
    fitelisa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yea and when you get your face a little fatter they will tell you how great your body looked when you were slimmer. Haters come in all forms so beware sometimes they can sound like really sincere but its all jealousy or just to see you ugly.