Lost weight and now my face looks older

Hi everyone! I set out last February to Lose weight and get healthy. I was 138 and now I am 114. I do weight training six days a week. The problem is my face looks so much older since I have lost the weight. By the way I am 40. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I try to gain some back?

Replies

• I noticed that too, when I had a recent hospital stay and lost about 25 pounds. I suspected that my chubby face softened the natural lines on my 41 y/o face, and now they were starting to show? I now use facial scrubs and retinol products to keep them in check, and there does seem to be an improvement overall. I have also been told that simply proper hydration will improve things as well, so even more motivation to hit my 64oz mark lol.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Hydration does help.

I look much older after losing weight. Some of it is just inevitable, in my opinion, for those of us who are not 20-something and are genetically inclined to have some laugh lines or crow's feet. Unfortunately for many it is just gonna be more visible without extra fat padding out our faces.

To me it's worth it. I had to dress like an older matronly woman as a teen and now I look older but can wear the younger, cuter styles. It's a trade off. I try to focus more on how I feel and the improvement in my health. I'm sure that my internal organs look much more attractive now ;-)

One more thought...I've lost a LOT of weight (over 100) and I've hit a couple of awkward phases along the way where I actually looked worse/older in photos and in the mirror than I do now. For example, roughly halfway through my loss I had a time of losing very rapidly for a month or so as I ironed out kinks in my diet...and my neck looked very goose like and horrid, I was honestly very concerned I had traded in my slight double chin for a big ol' turkey wattle looking neck. After losing more weight though, that vanished & my neck and chin area looks way better & younger. Being at your weight OP I doubt that is something for you to consider, probably do not wanna lose more!! But I add that for those who may read this and have a lot more still to lose. It could get worse before it gets better!
  • shelleyamoore
    shelleyamoore Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the input! I am going to try to drink more water and stay hydrated and maybe invest in antiwrinkle cream. I am happy with my weight just have to work on adjusting to the knew look on my face
  • toelze0001
    toelze0001 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I know this is an order post but I'm experiencing the same. I just hit my 30s but I've lost over 55 lbs or so the past 7 months. My face looks much older with the lines & skin and not so much padding anymore. I just wanted to see if the extra hydration helped you and if you found anything else that help? Thanks!!
  • glojlilly
    glojlilly Posts: 313 Member
    @ninerbuff I am sold on the oil of lay products, you look great for your age.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @ninerbuff Simply amazing. I'll be ordering all of that shizz. ;)