OUCH!

Any advice for severely over worked and extremely painful calves? This is insane!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    foam roll?
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    I'll try it, as soon as I can touch them. This is the worst DOMS I've ever had. I'm a pretty tough girl and I don't think physical pain has made me cry since I was 3, but darn if I'm not close today! I hate Rx drugs but aleve isn't touching it, nor are hot soaks, ice packs, rubs, or creams. I've been on my tippy toes for two day. I wonder what the neighbors think when they see me checking my mail...
  • arditarose
    What exercise is it from?
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    It's called "Booty Barre". Who knew a ballet type class woul wreck me like that. I think I worked muscles I didn't even know I had. Ballet dancers are a rough lot...
  • arditarose
    Oh yeah I've seen that class posted but never really knew what was going on in there.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    I feel the same about taking medicine. But I got a muscle cramp in my back that was killing me. Was a lump like a golf ball - for three days i tried heat, cold, paid massage, advil etc. Finally had to go to a doctor and had a shot of cortisone- sometimes you just have to go to the dark side.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Stretching and foam roller.