Advice for eating right as a college student?

Wondering what is the best ways to lose weight and eat right in college

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Eat what you normally do, only at a deficit.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2015
    It was long long ago but when in college I did loss weight by eating and everything I wanted until 2 pm (Coke, milkshake and hamburger at 2 PM often) and maybe some turkey at 5 PM before going to work and nothing else before breakfast. I was a 198 then got back to 172 for a wedding.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Define "right".
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    I gained like 30 pounds during my freshman and sophomore year because I got out of control with my on campus dining and didn't work out because of knee problems. I started losing weight during the summer after my sophomore year and was worried about staying healthy when I went back to school for junior year. It's actually been WAY easier than I expected. I'm on a budget and I assume you are too. The only meat I buy is chicken breasts. I eat a lot of pasta, rice, frozen vegetables. Oh, and soup. Soup is one of the best things that has happened to me in college because it's so low in calories and you can make it for really cheap. I even eat frozen meals sometimes. They're high in sodium, so I don't eat them often, but they're easy and not terrible for you. Eggs are good for any meal of the day and also dirt cheap. I rarely buy junk food. I drink a lot, but I balance it out with exercise or less food during the day. When you start to lose weight, you alcohol tolerance goes down anyway, so that makes getting drunk faster.
    Losing weight in college is doable. I started the semester at 155 pounds and now I'm 133ish. Feel free to add me as a friend and follow my food diary. I'm at home right now, so I have access to food luxuries like pork tenderloin and cheeseburgers, but pretty soon it will go back to my typical college student food. Good luck!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Are you on-campus eating in the cafeteria or off-campus?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Are you on-campus eating in the cafeteria or off-campus?
    THIS