Hello.. not a MFP newbie; juist to the forums ;)

Options
HI everyone! I'm Angie, I'm 45, live in Ohio, divorced, and mom of 15 year old boy/girl twins. I'm also a stroke survivor. I weighed 340 lbs. when I had my stroke in August of 2011. MY ex husband filed for divorce in June of 2012. I lost 60 pounds during my 3 month stay at Dodd Hall. I have a NuStep recumbent cross trainer, that is currently in storage. :( Long story short, In May of 2012 I started working out 2-3 times a day on my NuStep, as I got stronger and more confident, I started walking "laps" around our kitchen island, after counting the floor tiles I detirmined that if I walked a total of 150 laps around the island,, I would get in at least one mile. SO I did that in conjunction with my NuStep work outs. I eventually got down to 184 lbs. I went from a 4-5 X to a 1 or 2x in my clothes. :) Everything was going well, i had completely changed my diet and I developed a great love for my daily work outs. Then my husband and I separated. I moved out, he moved my stuff for me; per court order, however he held my NuStep hostage for over as year. I didn't get it back until after we were officially divorced. My weight fluctuated a lot, until i went through a really rough patch last year, I was evicted, ended up in a women's shelter for 7 weeks; I am finally getting a fresh start, I was able to move into a studio apartment; weather permiting I go outside and walk laps around the parking lot, still trying to eat and stick to a very healthy diet. Lots of whole grains, fresh veggies and fruits, lean proteins(salmon is my fave). I got on my bathroom scale on New Years Eve and was devastated to see that I was up to 253.6 lbs. :(
2012. S now i'm on a mission, to get back on track, but to get any kind of exercise my physical limitations will allow me to do indoors. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and support and encourage any that i can God Bless!

Replies

• jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too am a divorced stroke survivor - my divorce was quite a while ago though. Stroke was just a few months and am dealing with nerve pain every day :). Add me if you'd like - I'm here everyday, have about 670 day streak lol, just wish I could say I've lost as much weight as you!! Take care, Jo