Options
I just feel like my thighs will never be slim! I'm 5'4 and 167, my goal is 130
Can I see your before and after!

Replies

• curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well I havnt got pictures of my thighs, but I can tell you I do feel a little of your pain, I have large thighs, and whilst I have exercised hard, they definitely look smoother and fimer but not too much slimmer. And I have come to accept it.
    Oh and just a quick measure of my thighs after losing approx 38lbs and exercise they are 26.25 inches at the largest part.

And I am 5.8 and 166lbs
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I don't have before pictures of my thighs either. In fact, I really don't have any before pictures, as I dodged the camera. Still do actually, even though I'm 41 lbs lighter than I was in June, and am a healthy BMI of 23.9.

My stats are: 5'6" tall, 147.8 lbs, shoulders = 42", bust = 35", waist = 26", low hips = 39", thighs are 23" and 23.5"...one being larger than the other.

I've always had large thighs, no matter my weight, so it's just something I've accepted as me. They are strong, and so I just try to look at them for what they can do, instead of how big they are.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's quite possible that your thighs never will be slim. At least not unless you drop your BF to an unhealthy range. If you are build to have large thighs, then you may just have to accept it. The consolation is that being prone to store fat in your lower body, instead of your midsection, means you have a lower risk of some diseases.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    x1u13dgyj3r4.png
  • Sala28
    Sala28 Posts: 4
    Options
    hmrambling wrote: »
    x1u13dgyj3r4.png

We have the same body type! You look amazing, how much did you lose?
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    @Sala28 My heaviest was 185. I am now down to 133.
  • Kpat88
    Kpat88 Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 165 lbs (more or less) and my thighs are about 25"

When I was 135 lbs my thighs were about 21-22" Sorry, I don't have any pictures :/
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thighs and love handles seem to be the last to go for myself. I don't have before pictures but this was me at 135lbs, my lowest weight, (5'5") when I previously dieted three years ago. My calves were 14" at the largest area and my thighs were 22.5" at their largest area (in the pics). However, I do believe legs look more shapely and attractive with strength training once you get a little leaner. I did a lot of squats, lunges, etc. with a fair amount of weight to get those legs and they are by no means slim legs. Currently I'm trying to get back to that state. I've lost about 10 lbs and none of it has really come off my legs yet, all my midsection. It goes in spurts. I think the next 10lbs I will see some come off my legs and arms as well and then I'll be around that 135lb range again. It's good to keep measurements.
    4crzchskml22.jpg
    lsqm1u0bw421m.jpg
    tz2euzlaqhov.jpg
  • Sala28
    Sala28 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thighs and love handles seem to be the last to go for myself. I don't have before pictures but this was me at 135lbs, my lowest weight, (5'5") when I previously dieted three years ago. My calves were 14" at the largest area and my thighs were 22.5" at their largest area (in the pics). However, I do believe legs look more shapely and attractive with strength training once you get a little leaner. I did a lot of squats, lunges, etc. with a fair amount of weight to get those legs and they are by no means slim legs. Currently I'm trying to get back to that state. I've lost about 10 lbs and none of it has really come off my legs yet, all my midsection. It goes in spurts. I think the next 10lbs I will see some come off my legs and arms as well and then I'll be around that 135lb range again. It's good to keep measurements.
    4crzchskml22.jpg
    lsqm1u0bw421m.jpg
    tz2euzlaqhov.jpg

Great Job! I don't want to have skinny legs, I don't like the way they look!
    Yours look fantastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!