Late night eating

Options
So as a 9-5.30 worker I find it quite easy to structure my breakfast and lunch as well portioned and balanced meals. I then get home and make my dinner, again usually pretty healthy, it's then after that, especially when my wife goes to bed. It becomes tempting to have a munch while I'm watching the TV or reading. I resisted last night, but feel that it may be my downfall.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I understand that struggle! Good job last night. You can add me for support.
  • KWSteph
    Options
    Hi There! I have the same problem. My structured day helps with with breakfast through about 6pm. I just started working from home and was worried I would struggle during the day as well now....nope 6pm-9pm is my bewitching hours still. I find that while I'm cooking dinner even if I'm not hungry I can't resist the urge to snack. I'm starting to believe that this is a bad habit I have developed over the years that I have to break, and I know that reconditioning takes time. Especially to break a decade old habit. You can add me for support as well!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I understand the torture specially not being able to eat! or snack if you call it - can you spread out your calories throughout the day so you can have 100-200 left to snack at night? I think that's the best way to do it for now. A cup of popcorn no salt has only about 30calories and pretty filling. At first this is what I did reconstruct my calories intake for the day so that I have more left at night when I want to snack a little or I'll drink my fruit smoothies..but now I actually eat dinner at 6:30-7:30 and my husband and I work out together around 8:45-9:30 so by the time I'm done working out, I'm sooo exhausted that I cant even really think of food, sometimes I'll make a quick fruit shake and then go to bed. :) good luck!