Bulletproof Diet

Options
I have been seeing this "Bulletproof Diet" everywhere and how it reduces your hunger levels. I am going to try it since I have only five pounds left to lose, and I love butter. Has anyone else tried it? If so, what have your experiences been. I have ordered the medium chain oils, but I have already added a tablespoon of salt-free butter to my coffee in the morning and afternoon. I do seem to be less hungry in the afternoon but more hungry in the morning. Coffee tastes awesome!

Replies

• wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I drink the coffee, and also take the oil, yes it does supress hunger. I love the butter, and coconut oil. I have lost about 40 lbs, would not attribute all of the loss to that, but some. You can add me if you like.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started it a little bit ago and I love it. I have never done a ketosis-inducing diet so the first day I had a raging migrain. Word of caution: DO YOUR RESEARCH. You do not have to follow the diet perfectly, but not getting it right (I.e. Cheating often) could lead to weight gain and serious health problems. It's surprisingly easy to stick to once you know the program in and out. It's very similar to the keto diet, with more restrictions to where your food comes from. Basically if the animal you're eating ate grains, then you shouldn't eat that animal because you're essentially still digesting the toxins from grains (off limits on bulletproof diet) Good luck! You'll feel amazing in just a day or two! Also DRINK LOTS OF WATER. At LEAST 100oz a day - I shoot for a gallon.
  • dhyon06
    dhyon06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To All -

Im new to this app but have recieved positive feedback and so far its been very useful and easy to track calorie & nutritonal data.

In any event - I have participated in the bulletproof / ketogenic diet overall for 6-7weeks aggressively within the first 2 weeks than have tapered it down on a moderate approach for the remaining 4-5 weeks by having a "Carb" day or two depending on my cravings, appetite, mood, etc (Generally Sat & Sun)

I started at 226 pounds and down to 206. But now I am having difficulty going below 200 where my target goal is 185pounds by end of Spring ( Noticed the plateau for the past two weeks). I have used a pesonal trainer for the last month and doing full body workouts / HIIT type routines once a week (He does not recommend Keto for his program) while continuing to do compound exercises twice a week using a Pryamid progression specifically by increasing heavier weights. I have divided upper body on one day and lower body for another other.

Keep in mind I rarely do cardio because I just simply hate it but I'm starting to consider doing HIIT Jumproping by doing 6 sets of 30 seconds intense jumproping followed by a 30 seconds regular jump roping follwed by 1 minute stretching than starting the next set if I don't see any further results from the Bulletproof / Keto plan.

Upper Body Routine:
    Chest:
    - Incline Bench 5 x 5 sets and reps for 245Pounds
    - Dips 5 x 6-8
    Back:
    - Lat Pull Downs 4 x 8 or 10 x 140pound
    - Seated Rows 4 x 10 x 140pounds
    - Pull ups 5 x 6 no weights
    Shoulders:
    - Barbell Milt Press 5x5x 115 Pounds
    - Plate Bus Driver Raises 4x10X45Pound Plate
    - Reverse Lat Raises 4x10x20 Pound Dumbell

Lower Body Routine:
    - Deadlift 4x6-8x 205pounds
    - Squat 5x6x185 - 205 pounds
    - Kettle Bell Swing 4x15x 40 pound kettle bell
    - Squat Jumps 4x10

I do not want to go back on full keto / bulletproof dieting because during the aggressive stages I suffered through major gastroic and stomach issues that kept lingering until I refed on Carbs. It was an uncomfortable cycle, keep in mind I have incorporated intermittent fasting below is a general outline of what I would eat Mon-Fri, when I would eat...

Meal Plan | Aggressive Keto / Bulletproof:
    - 7AM -2PM - Bulletproof Coffee, 1 Tbsp Kerrygold Butter + 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil + 2 cups French Pressed Coffee + 1 TBSP of Heavy Cream
    - 2PM First Meal, 8oz Grassfed Beef or Chicken Thighs (two pieces) + Sauteed Kale or Arugula Salad or Asparagus.
    - Xtend Amino during workout 1 scoop if I'm training
    - 7-8PM Dinner, 8oz Grassfed Beef or Chicken Thighs + Salad or Kale, or Asparagus.
    - Note for all cooking I would use 1TBSP of Kerrygold Butter and 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil alot of sea salt and Olive Oil uncooked just over a salad very liberally 2-4TBSP.

Meal Plan | Moderate Keto / Bulletproof:
    - 7AM -12PM - Bulletproof Coffee, 1 Tbsp Kerrygold Butter + 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil + 2 cups French Pressed Coffee + 1 TBSP of Heavy Cream.
    - 1PM First Meal, 1 Cups of Total Fage Full Fat Greek Yogurt + 1/2 Cup of Blueberry + 1 TBSP Oraganic Honey + 1 TBSP of Caco Powder + 1 Scoop of Eat the Bear Whey Protein w/ Water.
    - 2-3PM First Meal, 8oz Grassfed Beef or Chicken Thighs (two pieces) + Sauteed Kale or Arugula Salad or Asparagus. Or Chipotle Bowl, No Beans, No Rice, No Sour Cream, Just All Scoops of Meats + Veggies + Guacaomole (Optional depending on mood. very rare I pack a lunch)
    - Xtend Amino during workout 1 scoop if I'm training
    - 7-8PM Dinner, 8oz Grassfed Beef or Chicken Thighs + Salad or Kale, or Asparagus.
    - 9-10PM Optional 1 Scoop of Whey + 1 Cup of Whole Milk + 1 TBSP Almond / Peanut Butter (If I'm hungry)
    - Note for all cooking I would use 1TBSP of Kerrygold Butter and 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil alot of sea salt and Olive Oil uncooked just over a salad very liberally 2-4TBSP.

Above is a typical meal that I would eat without calculating amount I would use my eye and will be very liberal with veggies and meats - This did lead to alot of stomach and GI problems when I would not have carbs like yogurt, protein shake, whole milk, etc.

Based on all the info above, what am I do wrong? Am I over-training? Am I not eating enough? Any smart and effective input would be great - I modeled this way of eating while listening to Dom Dagostino, Tim Ferris, Dave Asprey's book, Charles Paloquin... My trainer thinks its a fad diet, I have seen energy levels increase along with congitive function but stomach issues defintely plagued my ability to continue and I can't imagine this being a great protocal for long term use.

Again my goal is to gain lean muscle mass, decrease body fat, reduce cardio input (I used to do 40minute on stairmaster with minimal results and felt miserable) and be able to eat wihtout cravings and crashes.

Kindest Regards,

-Danny