I need to keep myself motivated... This is what I'm going to

Options
Maybe publically stating it, will help my cause haha.

I haven't fallen off completely, kept up with water, good diet (just added extras) but fell off exercising. I NEED to exercise, it helps PMS, my skin, energy level and mood so much.

So i bought a new dress for a wedding on August 14th. I'm going to have dh take pics of me, front, side and back now, and then again before the wedding and see how much difference i can see.

Mini goals of working out x amount this week weren't working... sooo now that life is manageable and our crazy time has slowed down (dh was travelling so i had little to NO support with 3 kids, full time job) i have no more excuses. The house is full of good healthy food and we have two full weeks ahead with no social engagements (ie temptations) to kick start me into that wonderful place of feeling great again.

I'm also going to find a HRM that counts calories burnt too for my birthday this month.

So please any words of encouragement are welcome. This site works wonders for me, So i'm going to track daily, the good, bad and ugly and try to keep centred and focused. My dh is also on board and that is helpful too.

My sodium level was awful yesterday so i will weigh in tomorrow and fix my ticker.

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm all for anything you can do to keep yourself focused as long as it's with attainable goals, and yours definitely sound like they are! Good luck!!! (Sent you a friend add - I'll cheer you on in your news feed too if you like :happy: )
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!!! :happy:
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    Good luck.
    Also, a good HRM is a wonderful tool to have!!
    I love mine and cannot workout without it now.
    Again, best of luck :)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Having a great day today so far.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have a wedding to go to coming up in five weeks so I will be right there with you!

I'm printing out a calendar and am posting it on my cabinet door so I can look at it every time I'm tempted or bored.

I'm also going to pre-log my food for the day in the morning.

Those are my two goals for the next five weeks.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope you are where you want to be by the time the wedding comes :)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Supermel??

I posted my calendar on my kitchen cabinet door and have done pretty well so far. I'm trying to check in here every day and hold myself accountable. Today I managed to walk away from a lot of junk food at my sister's; I just told myself that it's not going anywhere and if I really really want it I can buy it in 6 weeks.

Still, went jeans shopping today and that was depressing, so it's up and down.

How are you doing?