Maintaining weight but decreasing body fat percentage.

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this... I'm a 25 year old female and I'm quite petite, I'm only 5ft and weigh about 49, I've decided to start get fit and healthy anyways what I would really like to do is build muscle, and decrease body fat percentage I don't want huge muscles like body builders I just want to look tonned with muscle definition, I've started doing squats and other leg exercises because my main focuse is on my glutes and bum I do sit ups and some skipping as well,I want to add some weights to this routine but don't know we're to start, I've also started to eat 5 meals a day that I found on the internet. But because I used to eat really bad sometimes only once a day or eat complete junk, on this new diet I'm still hungry after my meals! I'm completely lost I have no idea what I'm doing wrong can someone offer so advice please.

Replies

• cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough proteins? If I feel hungry after meals I will check my macros(proteins, carbs, and fats) That's what works for me most of the time. What is your weight? 49? Looks like a typo. Looking for new friends if you are interested.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you wont get "huge muscles like body builders" by accident! It isn't that easy.
    That would take years and years of dedicated training.

You don't need to eat a specific number of meals a day, eat your food however suits you for adherence to your calorie allowance and for how it fits in your lifestyle.

Research beginner weights routines or get yourself to a gym and find a good personal trainer.

And lastly - be patient, very patient. Track progress with tape measure and photos.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Strong curves is a good beginners programme that's pretty glute orientated.

You won't get huge muscles, eating at maintenance while 'recomping' which sounds like what you're after.

Other beginners programmes are, starting strength, SL5x5 and NROLFW. Good luck with it :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    wait - did OP say she only weights 49 pounds?????????????????????? I hope that is a typo...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wait - did OP say she only weights 49 pounds?????????????????????? I hope that is a typo...

Some folks use do use KGs....
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I assumed 108 at 5' (cause kilos)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Work out your TDEE ( IIFMY.com) to make sure you are eating enough to maintain while exercising.
    I am petite too (5'1, 47-49kg) and started losing while in maintenance because I didn't account for strength training, only cardio.
    I had to up my TDEE from maintenance plus x5 to plus x5 intense; this upped my calories 170, and really helped with stamina etc.
    No weight gain.
    Try doing nerdfitness, body weight exercises. Then move on to fitness blender, all pro, and the above mentioned.
    Cheers, h.
  • laurentaylor3252
    laurentaylor3252 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha sorry guys I forgot to say 49 kg's not pounds, thank you for all your help and advice