Diets/foods!

Options
Hey guys! So i want to try loose a stone and a half in 6 months vut my diet is pretty crappy , i was just looking for suggestions on snacks and dished ect and like some foods you guys avoided during weight loss! Any comments appreciated! Thanks:)

Replies

• aemech97
    Options
    Hi Lauren and welcome! Best wishes on your endeavor to lose the weight. I use a program called Volumetrics. High Energy dense foods with lower calories. The basics of what I am doing is Satiety, which food keeps me full and satisified. Simply adding veggies to meals will reduce calories and induce vital nutrients to your diet and helps me feel fuller on smaller portions along with less calories. Small healthy changes go a long way!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I haven't avoided anything. Losing weight comes down to eating less than you burn.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit your goals.

Get plenty of fat and protein for health. Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs for the energy.

Eat plenty of fruits and veggies to get your micronutrients.

Add sweets and treats as appropriate (this can be once a day, once a week, once a month, it's up to you)

I didn't avoid anything to lose my weight. There were certainly things that I cut back on and things that I found alternatives for, but a lot of that kind of thing is going to be based on your personal needs and preferences.

Read through some of the success stories, check out those people who have open diaries, and mostly just keep tweaking things until you get your diet where you want it. It can take a while to find what works best for you but it is definitely worth it.