Thanks MFP!!

Options
CoolDad67
CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
Last year in February, when I took my physical at work, I weighed over 300 lbs. At that time, with the Dr's encouragement/prodding, I told myself once again that I was going to lose some weight and get back in shape. I had been telling myself for years that I needed to do this; but had little success. Although the Dr didn't have to, she scheduled a follow up with me in 2 months (April) to check on my progress. I had had some success in the past with using my Primary Dr doing this; but fell off the track when he left town after Hurricane Katrina. Anyway, as usual, I didn't have much success in losing any significant weight in the two months.

Then, my wife and I decided to get serious and join the gym . . . again. Being a data geek, I also decided to start tracking my activity and found MyFitnessPal. I joined MFP and started tracking my diet and exercise here in May 2014.

Since that time, I have been successful in losing 43 lbs through watching my food intake and plenty of exercise (cardio and strength). I'm now weighing in at 262 lbs. After a bit of a plateau and the Thanksgiving / Christmas holidays, I've renewed my efforts with the new year. I'm pushing towards my goal in 2015 and hope to get there by my anniversary (June 3).

I've also started a BLOG here on MFP: CoolDad's Fitness Journey
Check it out. Be sure to Like it and Follow it as I continue this.

On a side note, my wife's also been very successful with her losses. She's not on MFP, but she's lost over 50 lbs and pushing with me to her goal.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!