and if I cut bread completely out of my diet ...

Options
4leighbee
4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
is there any problem with that? I find myself no longer eating bread - not even the hamburger bun, etc. ... and I don't miss it at all. So, what am I losing - fiber I guess. Any other nutrients I should be sure to replace with something else?

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat bread, don't eat bread. Personally, I couldn't do it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    As long as you meet all your macros and micros, eat whatever you want.

I personally love bread. More toast really, with loads of PB!
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    it sounds like a silly question, I know ... I used to eat it with every meal and in between.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for your healthy lifestyle and fits into your calorie goals. As many said, I couldn't do it and I don't see why there is a need to do it unless there is some allergy that comes from eating it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Bread is a good carbohydrate source...but not necessary for you to live or anything. If you don't want to eat bread, don't eat bread...myself, I like sammiches a couple times per week...especially grilled cheese.
  • jessclaflin
    Options
    Lets see. I love bread, part my porblem. I am learning to keep track of calories.

For high fiber foods, apples with skin, blueberries, soybeens cooked. I found a list here: http://commonsensehealth.com/high-fiber-foods-list-for-a-high-fiber-diet/
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat it any more either. Maybe a sandwich thin once in a blue moon. If I'm out, and get a sandwich I tell them to keep the bun and add lettuce. I still don't have issues getting fiber in - if you do I recommend "Fiber Well" gummies. Tasty, easy and helps with getting enough fiber.
  • rikleith
    rikleith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try reading wheatbelly. It directly links wheat alone to the obesity crisis. I personally have cut down greatly but cant bring myaelf to cut it out altogether
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No problem, so long as you are getting fiber from other sources. (And there are many better sources of fiber than bread.) I've cut way back on bread because I usually don't care about it enough to justify the calories (for example, I like ground beef just fine without a bun, was tending to buy sandwiches because of convenience rather than because I thought the bread added that much). I never eat it at home, but still will have a really good purchased sandwich or some delicious restaurant or homemade bread when it is, in fact, truly delicious.

No reason to drop it if you enjoy it, but no reason to eat it if you don't care about it.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    this is all great - and what I had hoped/expected :)
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Bread is a good carbohydrate source...but not necessary for you to live or anything. If you don't want to eat bread, don't eat bread...myself, I like sammiches a couple times per week...especially grilled cheese.

Cwolfman - are you from Pittsburgh? ;)

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    make sure you get enough carbs if not via bread elsewhere