should have worn my HRM

benmarcum
benmarcum Posts: 132 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
so i have been out scraping and painting on my house for about 2 hours...i have no idea how to estimate how many calories i burned, and anything that seems close to it on any web site like gardening or cleaning is saying i burned over 1000...that can't be right can it? i am guessing like 300...thoughts?

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    check on caloriesperhour.com

They have an activity called "painting - scraping paint" or "removing - paint (scraping paint) that you can use.... as well as some other painting choices too.
    :smile:
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    You have to take a few other things into consideration... Where do you live? If it is really hot (I live in Dallas) then you certainly could have burned that!!! What part of your house were you working on? Was it up high or down low? This may have caused you to do squats and calve raises without even knowing it. Give yourself more credit. Painting is EXHAUSTING!
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 132 Member
    sweet thanks! it still shows over 1000 for me...which if true AWESOME! i think i am gonna be safe and only log like 300. i would rather be under there and than be way over....

i was painting the under side of my soffit. i had to do some very lite scraping then it was up and down a step ladder for a while...
This discussion has been closed.