Any Keto dieters here?

Options
2»

Replies

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto and have not lost. I've taken it seriously 7 straight days.
    Are you tracking your calories? You still need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight.

• Carsh_Lohal
    Options
    I've been doing keto since last summer, lost 25lbs (I didn't have much to lose in the first place). Best guides I've found are here http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/ and here http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

Good luck :)
  • christinegallwitz77
    Options
    I've been following the keto diet for about 9 days and I have lost 5 lbs. I also do Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide and cardio 3 days a week each. Love the keto diet. I eat some much coconut oil and just love it. Stick with it and you will get results!
  • veganstarchivore
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow! So excited! :D
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Did Keto for about year. Lost 45 lbs. and most food cravings went away. Unfortunately, I later slipped up and gained it all back and then some. Ultimately I found the whole "forbidden fruit" (literally) aspect of keto to be too hard to maintain in the long run. Keto means saying no to 85% of what's in the grocery store and about 95% of everything on a restaurant menu. Life's too short for that. Now I just count calories and have found that to be far easier.

Having said that, keto teaches good eating and snacking habits. While I could eat half a bag of Chex Mix without thinking, I probably couldn't stomach more than two boiled eggs before feeling full. Yet the caloric difference between the two is about 800 calories. So even today I try to center my meals and my snacks around high protein and fat foods and limit my consumption of pasta, rice, bread and chips - not for any keto reason, but because the former foods make you feel full while the latter do not.
  • Happylilbunny6388
    Options
    Been doing keto for 15 days and have lost 12lbs so far, I love it. I've got all my recipes off Pinterest .
  • Erinleej
    Erinleej Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was on GAPS to heal my gut when I 'accidentally' threw myself into keto last January & lost 30 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and doing keto. I've done keto before but got it all wrong and ended up throwing in the towel. This time will be better, it feels better already and only 4 days in. I'm so happy for you and your weight loss.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love keto. I've lost over 100lbs total, more to go. I lost at least 30lbs on keto.
  • chaarlikar69
    chaarlikar69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting to get my head around this too...