Where is the world heading ?

Options
lborsato1
lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
Is anybody else out there truly disturbed by the rash of tragedies going on around the world lately ? From plane crashes, murders, terrorist attacks, sexual assaults, parents killings their own children ???
It seriously makes we wonder where the world is going and how safe any of us are out there anymore....

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    These news are old news. All this has been happening since before we knew. If it wasn't for the media, a lot of us would still be ignorant to the fact that all of this had been happening many moons, many suns, many galaxies ago.
  • lborsato1
    Options
    I agree that the media sensationalizes everything bad that happens in the world.
    It seems like there has been sooooo much bad in the last few months.
    It would sure be nice to see some good news that got that much attention...
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Yes, it's so sad that their foremost goal is to get ratings with the bad stuff. Humans need drama, I guess.
  • lborsato1
    Options
    I just read about some guy in Tampa Bay who threw a 5-year old girl off a bridge into the ocean !! WTF ???
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Oh jeez, I used to live at Tampa, FL...
    Went to school there and everything. -goes to read-

I guess time I remind myself that I don't have it as bad as some others do right now.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Go to Canoe.ca under the news categorie is a subcategory "Good News" that's my go to.
  • lborsato1
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.....
    The news about man's inhumanity to man is getting distressing - need some more positive stuff....
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    It's why I don't watch the news or look in newspapers, it just gets me down when I hear about this kind of stuff :( poor people....

Time to visit... http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    considering population density, less of this stuff happens than ever and yet thanks to media perception we get threads like this...at no point in history are you better to be an average citizen somewhere in the world than right now...