i do the following exercise:

30-60 min body weight training 2x week
45-120 min kickboxing/wrestling 3x week
swim 1k (30 min) 3x week

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Do you mean, what should your ideal weight be? There are tons of online calculators. Try a few and get a weight range to at least give you an idea. They are just estimates, though. Whatever you feel healthy at is important.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You should be somewhere between 128 and 173 lbs.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Do you intend to compete in kickboxing or wrestling? If not, I wouldn't really worry about a goal weight, just try for a healthy body fat % and a weight where you feel good.

If you are competing, I'd say probably you want to be around the 165 mark or less for kickboxing at your height. My husband is 5'10" and walks around at 155, and he is an amateur Muay Thai fighter. He competes at 135 or 145.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    One of my training partners and closest friends at the gym is 57. I am 29.

We are the same height and weight, and quite frankly, he has better abs than I do!

Age is a factor, but not an excuse.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals, your sport(s), and your frame size.

I'm 46, soon to be 47, the same height as you, and currently weigh 150. My sports are running and cycling; I do a bit of resistance training to preserve muscle mass and strength, but it's not my focus. I might lose a few more pounds of fat in the spring and summer to increase my power-to-weight ratio, and thereby climb hills faster.

I have a fairly small frame (my lowest adult weight was 130, and while I was thin, I didn't look emaciated). If I were stockier, I'd probably look underweight at 150.
  • mjuszczec
    mjuszczec Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Do you mean, what should your ideal weight be? There are tons of online calculators. Try a few and get a weight range to at least give you an idea. They are just estimates, though. Whatever you feel healthy at is important.

yes, i'm interested in finding my ideal weight.

i have read online calculators are inaccurate or not for people who are already active.

i feel fine. i want to take about 25 points off my cholesterol level (its 225, i want it at 200) so i'm back on myfitnesspal. its asking me for my ideal weight and i just don't know what is reasonable to enter.