Alcohol!

Options
If you plan on drinking, what do you eat to stay under your calorie count?

Replies

• gitanja1
    Options
    If I plan on having a glass of wine, I find out the calorie information of that wine and incorporate that into my daily count. If that means that I have to eat a salad at lunch instead of a chicken sandwich, I can have the sandwich tomorrow.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just focus on weekly calories. This weekend is my birthday, and I will be drinking. But my eating/working out all week has been great. Because of this, my weekly calories will be the same amount, even though I will be totally binging on alcohol and cake and french fries for one day. I will still count it all but it always evens out!

I just don't eat back my workout calories and use them as collateral for these splurgey type days, and in case I measure wrong.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    food....just pre-plan your day to see how it's going to shake out...I regularly have a drink or two in the evening...it's just part of my daily diary.

Now, if I'm going out with the boys or we're otherwise just hanging out and doing a lot of drinking...well, I chalk it up to a bad day calorie wise and move on.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I'm really planning on drinking...calories go out the window. If I'm just planning on drinking a few beers, I'll just eat a protein bar for dinner...or skip dinner.
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What do you do if you plan on having let's say 2 Margaritas? those can add up to 400 calories total. (although some places have skinny versions at 120 each, and it's actually pretty good).
    I haven't been drinking as much as before, because now I'd have to log it, lol and it's too many calories to log. So I just don't drink it. But when I go out, I like to have a drink or 2.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Anything. If it fits I have it. If I want a particular high calorie beer I plan for it.
  • Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I make sure I do a massive run, ie well over an hour, the day of or after the drinking.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I try to squeeze in a beer every night. It's usually a fairly sessionable microbrew like a pale ale or milk stout or something along those lines. I make sure to exercise enough to earn it.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink anymore, but when I do, I just throw caution to the wind and don't worry about going over calories.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    when I go out I take 2 shots of tequila and sip on a glass of wine the rest of the night.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I simply drink VERY small drinks. I have these mini cocktail glasses that hold about 2oz. I'll make a teeny 'tini in them most nights and I enjoy them. But the portion control is amazingly good for keeping it in bounds.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I eat like I normally do and track all the alcohol I consume. That way I can see how horrible I was the night before and feel guilty the rest of the day. Then I usually exercise more then normal to attempt to work off a little of what I consumed. Then I'm back to my usual weight loss habits.
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Eat healthy and have smaller portions with a vodka lime and soda. Low in calories and no belly bloat..or gin and tonic.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Once I found out how many calories I was drinking, I cut it out. However, the odd time I do drink, I throw calories to the wind and chalk off the day calorie goal wise.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I usually have a lower carb dinner on nights I'm drinking. Going to the mayan riviera in a few weeks and I can guarantee I'll be over maintenance evryday drinking.
  • erikavperez
    erikavperez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1sisrat wrote: »
    when I go out I take 2 shots of tequila and sip on a glass of wine the rest of the night.
    That's a great idea ... I will do that :)
  • erikavperez
    Options
    sparkle126 wrote: »
    Eat healthy and have smaller portions with a vodka lime and soda. Low in calories and no belly bloat..or gin and tonic.
  • erikavperez
    Options
  • nikkipaige
    nikkipaige Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer girl, and try to stay low carb. I like Mich ultra or Bud Select. 99 calories and under 3 carbs!