Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    im eating between 1250 and 1300 calories a day sometimes on a "bad" day i eat 1500 but thats pretty rare

I'm making a lot of assumptions about your current weight, but that seems to me to be way too low...especially if you're active in the gym. I would expect you should be eating closer to at least 1800 daily.

What you're calling a "bad" day, I would call "closer to optimal".

(All of this assumes that you are accurately weighing and measuring your food.)

I've been speaking offline with the OP and completely agree with Jof... the drastic calorie drop is contributing to the weight loss, yes, but it is putting her body under a lot of stress.

In situations like this, where you have a higher amount of weight to lose, don't forget that you also have to allow your mind and emotions time to adjust to the losses. Sometimes a slower loss is easier on your body, mind, and soul - and way easier to sustain in the long run.

Congrats, OP, on your dedication to change - but I encourage you to take your time. :heart:

Awesome. OP, please listen to what MireyGal76 says in your discussion. She knows her stuff and will get you on the right path. You've already made some incredible progress and taken the toughest (aka first) steps to reaching your goals. The good news is, with a few tweaks that I expect she'll lay out for you, the process will actually get much easier...and you'll start seeing that progress in the gym you're wanting.

I'll look forward to an update post from you in a month or two describing all of the benefits you've experienced from making this adjustment.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Define "out of shape"?
    Is that only because you're feeling dizzy?
    Have you improved your stamina, increased the amount you can lift, etc.?

Be sure your calorie goal is reasonable, and that you're drinking enough water.
    Take your measurements every couple of weeks. You might be losing inches even when you don't see improvement any other way.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    im eating between 1250 and 1300 calories a day sometimes on a "bad" day i eat 1500 but thats pretty rare

Tbh this sounds crazy and as i thought and others said before you need to make sure your body is fueled. It doesnt sound like you are eating enough generally or for your workout.

Also at your weight and im guessing here, then your trainer should be making sure you do appropriate exercise, it needs to push you, but you cna keep on witn intensity and duration as you go along. You need to build up fitness over time and it will come.
  • kassiesauntie
    Options
    i feel like my stamina hasnt really changed but the amount i can lift has improved a bit