Calories burned with Hip Hop abs

Does anyone know how to figure out calories burned with hip hop abs and piyo? I want to make sure I'm eating enough, but I'm not sure how to figure it out.

Replies

• tristinsalazar
    tristinsalazar Posts: 3 Member
    The only way I could figure it out was to get a heart rate monitor that had a chest strap and at the end it told me how many calories I burned.
  • GrooveAndImprove
    GrooveAndImprove Posts: 19 Member
    MFP overestimates calories burned. You shouldn't eat all of your burned calories back (maybe 40%-50% of them). When I'm in a "pinch" with those aerobics videos, I choose 'low impact aerobics,' so at least the calorie count won't be too high or overestimated.
    That's just my two cents, hope that helps!
  • KortneyMcCoy82
    KortneyMcCoy82 Posts: 6 Member
    Yup, I use my heart rate monitor!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    As with all aerobic exercise the more effort you put into it the higher your heart rate and calorie burn. So your answer is dependent on your body weight and effort. Best way to gauge this is with a heart rate monitor and associated software to estimate your calorie burn.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    HRMs are not programmed for those activities. What HRMs come close to accurately estimating calories for is a narrow range of steady state cardio activities where there are established relationships between oxygen uptake, effort level, intensity, caloric burn, and heart rate. When a HRM plugs one data point (measured heart rate) into a formula based on performing an activity that differs from what you are doing, the resultant number is wrong.