Options
2»

Replies

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Stevia.

I read online that Stevia wasn't FDA approved. Does it cause cancer or have adverse side effects?

Everything causes cancer.
  • Tacita88
    Tacita88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be careful of sucralose and stevia, they aren't aspartame but they give me horrible spots.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Half scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Which is the best out of the 3, truvia, stevia, or agave?
    Truvia is a brand of stevia. Agave is not calorie free.

I like Splenda/sucralose.

Also, even if you use sugar, it's not going to add up to all that many calories, not like dumping in cream would. Sugar is 16 calories per teaspoon. Yes, 10 cups a day and no adjustment elsewhere would matter, but 5 cups and walk a little more to compensate should be no problem, especially if it helps you skip desserts.

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I gave up cream, really didn't miss it, and I am slowly cutting back on sugar. I'm down to using 4 grams of sugar per large cup of coffee. And occasionally I can go without the sugar completely. If you want zero caloies, just start weaning yourself off the added sweatener completely
  • FunSkittles
    FunSkittles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a splenda gal. I put coconut milk and splenda in my coffee. Try switching to a flavored coffee - vanilla or the such, and if you like it creamy, try coconut milk. I drink that because I don't consume any dairy at all. It's very low in calories and tastes great :) Not as intense of a flavor like soy or almond milk.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Agave...better yet acquire a taste for coffee without the sweetener.
    I use Splenda sometimes...but if I have half and half-I just use that. Yum!
  • azev314
    azev314 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk. Will have some sugar but not a lot.